New Free Champion Rotation (Season One: Week 10)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FauIts

09-13-2010

Aww I have every champ except Heimer...and no interest in playing Heimer =(

Praetor Kamahl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

Do the servers work yet?

xKoBiEx

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethinium View Post
Finally able to play olaf :P
Good luck...hope you have fast mouse response time.

Bonzai Casanova

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

next time with kog pls ,he's the only one missin!

Okayas

09-13-2010

Hmmm, I'd like to try Akali. I know she's one of the newer champs but she hasn't been free half as much as the other two ninjas.

Slayermanny

09-13-2010

like really who doesnt hav these champs......

NeonSpotlight

09-13-2010

A lot of people don't see the big purpose of free week champs, to give new players easy champs to use to earn up IP for more difficult/expensive champions, also to give a good blend of different champion types (ranged dps, caster, melee dps, tank, support).

Two of the biggest complaints in this thread are Sivir and Morgana, Sivir is a 450 recommended champion who is fairly straightforward and easy to play, that is why she is free often. Morgana is listed as Support (kind of silly when Janna is listed as Mage with only 2 offensive spells compared to morg's 3) and there are not nearly as many support champions as other champions (reason why Zilean is free so often, easy and support).

I understand the frustration in wanting a more expensive champion free (Kog) but champions like him (and the other 6300 champions) are not noob friendly whatsoever (except, imo, Vladimir) and therefore don't get much facetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
I like it when weeks have free REAL tanks with DISABLES.
Because Alistar isn't a real tank with disables.

Qualm

09-13-2010

Excellent free rotation if you ask me.

Thanks

Xnot

09-13-2010

last time ive seen sion free was on my first play week, around 3 or 4 months ago even though ive seen sticks like 50 times when riot said some champs will b free more times than others i though it would b like 10-8 not 1-50

Sephi44

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonSpotlight View Post
A lot of people don't see the big purpose of free week champs, to give new players easy champs to use to earn up IP for more difficult/expensive champions, also to give a good blend of different champion types (ranged dps, caster, melee dps, tank, support).

I understand the frustration in wanting a more expensive champion free (Kog) but champions like him (and the other 6300 champions) are not noob friendly whatsoever (except, imo, Vladimir) and therefore don't get much facetime.

Because Alistar isn't a real tank with disables.
That's true, except corki is arguably the hardest hero in the game, alistar is insanely difficult to use well and olaf isn't exactly easy either. Gangplank is almost impossible to go positive with (for most people), gragas is hard and if you dont land morganas Q or use black shield right then prepare to be useless... Oh and after nerfs heimer is also fairly difficult.