Morde question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kemos

08-14-2012

Hey all I have just bought Morde finally and I have a few questions. Now I am no pro with Morde but I have played him a couple of times, and I prefer going mid since if i go solo top the other team usually doesn't have a jungler since im only level 11 atm. I also enjoy mid because I can farm more, with wraiths and stuff.

I do about 160-180 cs in 20minutes, which isn't amazing, but sometimes the enemy mid has like 100 or not even, so I usually have the advantage.

My question though, is, I have just watched this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_-7J...eature=related

here Dyrus has bought 13 hp pots in the beginning, and I know the vid is a little old, but I would like to know your opinions on this starting setup. Is it a good idea? It does give me a lot of sustain, because usually I go boots and 3 hp pots especially if I'm vs someone with mostly skill shots. (Brand, Ziggs, Gragas, etc). But those champs usually do harass me a bit, since they got better range then me, and sometimes I have to go to base within the first 5 minutes, unless I stay back and almost get no cs.

I would like to hear your opinions on this setup, and for which champ would it be good. For example would it be good versus a brand or no?

AlphariusRising

08-14-2012

Dyrus sometimes does silly things, and he knows they're silly, but it's fun and entertaining.
And sometimes he just goes "**** it" and tries something like 13 Health Pot Morde.

The problem is Morde is preposterously easy to gank. He's got no CC and no escapes. Without boots against an early ganking jungler you're first blood.

So if you think against the enemy teamcomp you'll be able to walk out of ganks, but will take a lot of early game poke, go for it I guess. Or if you're like Dyrus and wanna just say "**** it" and try something people don't do, go for it.

Kemos

08-14-2012

Yes I have tried it, and so far the enemy team didn't have a jungler, but if they did I wouldnt have risked it. It's not bad, gives a lot more sustain and can stay in lane longer.

AlphariusRising

08-14-2012

If the enemy team doesn't have a jungler you know you're playing against scrubs and can do whatever the hell you want basically.

I Love Slurpees

08-14-2012

Never buy more than 9 health pots, thats 1350 extra hp, which is more than enough to out sustain any mid lanes. save the gold and lane til you get 1550 then b and get revolver and boots