Level 30

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tayola

09-13-2010

When you ding 30 does the experience you would normally gain from a round convert into ip?

T8mNEiLGTw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

1: what is ding?

2: no

EDIT: downvoted for answering his question? gtfo trolls

Fatesway

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

nope, you just don't get any experience anymore

Thadious

09-13-2010

Ding is the sound you used to hear in Everquest when you leveled. This became the term for leveling, and has carried over into the RPG gaming community as a general leveling term.

Retrovertigo

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadious View Post
Ding is the sound you used to hear in Everquest when you leveled. This became the term for leveling, and has carried over into the RPG gaming community as a general leveling term.
I figured I'd be the only one old enough to remember this story of gaming history. Sad but true when people compare this game to an old MMO though.

Japanadian

09-13-2010

Quote:
Nerd! lol

IamGrimm

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrovertigo View Post
I figured I'd be the only one old enough to remember this story of gaming history. Sad but true when people compare this game to an old MMO though.
It's not comparing, it's using a term that transcended Everquest.
Dinging in general is now leveling up, or for some at least.

EveryTimeV

09-13-2010

Quote:
Pretty much this.

You can also see a lot of references to this in the noob comic.

I'm so sad.

Tayola

09-13-2010

That's kinda fail. Even if they just half'd the exp you'd get into IP, that would make filling rune pages so much easier. Jeez.

JumboCactaur

09-13-2010

I'm not sure if summoner levels were even that good of an idea to tie rune page slots and mastery points to. Primarily its to seperate the new players from the veterans in a way that pure ELO can't, but when they do tangle the high levels have more mastery points and rune slots than the low ones, further causing imbalance.

Maybe if everyone had the same rune slots and mastery points it wouldn't be quite as imbalanced when high and low meet due to duo queuing or other circumstances. Veteran players would have more runes for the slots, so it still wouldn't be quite the same, but it would be closer.

There's all these guides written about how to spec your rune book and masteries for a champ, but new players can't even do any of that, and some champs and strategies just aren't even viable without them (jungling especially). If that was in from the beginning I think it would help new players become better players, even if it would be more for them to learn right away.