Kassadin-my thoughts.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noctsol

09-13-2010

So I played a couple games on my lil bros account with kassadin

1. His farming is rather weak in the laning phase.

If I could freely last hit everything without getting my ass kicked, this wouldn't be an issue. I killed a miss fortune twice and she still had more gold because she was just a better farmer. I'm not asking for Sion farming capacity, but Kassadin could use some help in this area.

2. What the hell is up with his w?

I get that its good for taking down towers and recovering mana. But seriously? It's not really that great of a skill. W could use some changing.

Solaxee

09-13-2010

His weak farming makes him balanced. He's a carry - weak early game and powerful late game...

QNecron

09-13-2010

He farms heroes not creeps.

Akudemi

09-13-2010

His W is Riot's way of making him "more versatile" He is best played as AP, however - and you only really activate W to auto-attack a fleeing champion, attack a tower, or get a jungle buff faster.

If you learn his attack animation well enough, you should be able to grab every creep in the lane using your Null Sphere to get a few more that are out of range.

BigTwig

09-13-2010

He was intended as a melee dps / mage hybrid (see also his passive) but doesn't work like that, because there's not really reason to build him physical over any other melee. His 3 remaining abilities still make him a great anticarry and strong midgame ganker though.

Laning with him can be difficult, but he does have nice harassing; Q is on a relatively short cooldown and can be used to keep your enemies at bay, so you can go in for the last hits. At level 6, it's often easy to get a kill.

IamGrimm

09-13-2010

You can harass pretty harsh and/or use Q for last hitting. Also, after you have killed some dudes and snowballed on you can always barf over a minionwave to 1hit them.

Noctsol

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaxee View Post
His weak farming makes him balanced. He's a carry - weak early game and powerful late game...
Ezreal, ashe, tristana, annie, Anivia

All have better farming abilities for obvious reasons.
range!

Yi even has a betetr time farming lol

ManiacChicken

09-13-2010

I guess you've never rift walked between the ranged and melee creeps and pulsed for farming... I'm not saying that works at start, but once you get going, you'll clear creep waves like crazy. Last night there was this huge blob of creeps and I must of killed 12 in one combo.

Time your melee hits for last hit from level 1 - 6. You can also use your Q to last hit, but always be aware of your mana. I only use Q to last hit if I am over 75% mana since you also need to harass. Also, it all depends on who you lane with and against.

The Farkinator

09-13-2010

Kassadin has problems with synergy. His passive suggests that he should be built dps and sit in the fight so he can boost his dps. His silence/nuke suggests he is a mage. His W suggests he should be sitting in the fight and get mana out of it so he can cast more spells; however, it also gives him armor pen, so it's a weird one as well. His E suggests he should be a ganker, and his R suggests... its a blink. Do whatever you want with it. What you get is a very strange champion that has major role problems.

N2OJoe

09-13-2010

W is not for autoattacking, creeping, stealing mana, or tower killing.

Its entire purpose is for charging E. Get rank 1, spam it outside of battle and you're golden.