quick fix to fps drops

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Singha

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Perring View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys. The more information you can provide us the better.

We are definitely aware of this issue. I can't guarantee an improvement next patch, but maintaining/improving in-game performance is something we're always looking at.

In the meantime, sometimes patches will end up resetting players' customized video settings, so going into the in-game video options menu and making sure the settings are low, and you're using 'stable' frame rate settings . This guide goes through the common ways to improve performance:
http://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/234147-fps-troubleshooting

Some players may find that opening the task manager in-game and terminating lolclient.exe

will help, but you won't be able to see your stats at the end of the game if you do that (the stats are still recorded though). If this improves you're performance significantly, please post that here because that's a slightly different issue that we will want to know about.

Submitting logs using the PVP.net preferences menu is another good way to leave performance feedback for us that includes logs automatically for you.

So i've been doing that and it 'fixes' my fps drops everytime. Could play the game like normal! But then you have to startup league again everytime since once the game ends, it can't take you back to the client. Just thought i'd share. I've never noticed but that lolclient.exe eats up Alot of CPU usage...guess its tracking stats? i dunno.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Singha

09-13-2010

just thought i'd share case ppl didn't know this.