Why is the ranked dodge penalty so high?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xCry0x

08-19-2012

I agree with the normal & ranked games being on dif timers but the 0 elo penalty in turn for the 1 hr or whatever it is not dodge penalty is really a nice thing.

It lets you leave a game that has a retarded comp with essentially no harm done. Previously you lost elo so the only reason to dodge was to avoid having to play the game for 20-30 minutes since you lost elo like you lost the game anyways.

Ontop of everything else, I like the unranked player complaining about bad team comps. The 'meta' of bruiser top, ap mid, jungle, support/adc bot is just what north american pro teams play as, it is different in korea and europe.

Support yi is completely viable in low elo games, hell I ran support darius the other day and we completely steam rolled the other team. You just have to understand how to play a kill lane if you do not have a heal bot support.

You deserve to be punished for assuming that any champion is a bad choice and that since they did not want to play alistar to support you bot they are trolling.

ADC SENPAl

08-19-2012

It's the price you have to pay, otherwise you would never get a game if the penalty was lower due to people just dodging at any thing they didn't like. What I think though, is that you should be able to report people in champ selection, not just after the game. Because some people are very hostile, racist, sexist in champ select and someone ends up dodging and there's no way to report them.

Timammoth

08-19-2012

so that people don't dodge every 10 secs like in draft where it takes 1hr to find a game