Why is the ranked dodge penalty so high?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Toshere

08-13-2012

It's absurd!

I don't deserve to be punished for dodging que when I have an insta-lock Heimer, and insta-lock "support" Yi.

Prof Zuhayr

08-13-2012

its to prevent from an hour long wait to get into a game

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

If it wasn't so long, people would dodge any time they got counterpicked or didn't get the role they wanted and games would never start.

1337Syn

08-13-2012

Idk... I had two solo tops while I was AD Carry and no support, while we also had two people jungling... Why should I have to wait 30 minutes to play when people are obviously trolling?

I have atleast a small solution, how about ranked que and normal que have seperate dodge timers? Atleast then we could play a normal game while we're waiting for ranked...

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

I agree. An hour is a bit excessive, that's 2 games, or one extremely long one and enough time to rub one out 6 times. I get that Riot doesn't want people dodging every 5 seconds, but it's a little different when you get people who cry about not getting their lanes and troll pick and FORCE you to dodge. If you're gunna make people wait an incessant amount of time for avoiding elo loss cause of trolls, then have an elo review system where you get your elo back if you get a twitch with surge revive.

Vizzlepeez

08-13-2012

U do realize it used to be a 10 elo penalty for dodging right? But cuz people like u *****ed they changed it and it increased the number of trolls and now people ***** more. Stfu already

Akira Kid41

08-13-2012

Insta lock in ranked?? Don't you have to lock before the rest of your team picks?

awakenPanda

08-13-2012

There should be a vote kick option to reset the queue.

MiG Arktis

08-13-2012

I agree with this. Also you stole my thread but ok. They need to make it at max 15 minutes and let you play normals in the process. simple.

jadelink

08-19-2012

It would be nice if it just stopped you playing ranked for that time. THat way the lvl 5s would have to put up with being overrun with all the 'queue dodge smurfs', lvling their backup accounts till they can get back on their main and play ranked.