Riot: We need target playback device options PLEASE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shiftyfied

08-13-2012

i just wanted to put this out someplace. i just figured if you're making changes to the friends list. making a change to the settings options wouldn't be completely out of the question.

i don't know how difficult this would be but what I'd like to suggest is the ability to set a targeted playback device in the settings option. a lot of other games has it

scenario: i run two screens. one for movies/music/etc and then one for a game. I'd like to be able to utilize both speaker sets rather then just one or the other. otherwise i have to play on mute when the kids or wife are watching a movie.

i know a lot of other people that would like this too. I've searched the forums to try and find a solution and couldn't find one. I'm shocked this hasn't came out yet.

thanks

CyberTootie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

The audio engine of the game is in shambles and it's not going to change anytime soon. I'm sure you can direct the game's audio to your desired device by having it set as the default device when the game client launches, and then just alt+tab and change it back immediately afterward. This also works for surround behavior. It is what it is and like I said it's not going to change anytime soon.

shiftyfied

08-14-2012

that don't work with win7. tried many times in different sequences

CyberTootie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

Well I've confirmed that the game client outputs to the default audio device of Windows at the time it is launched. Note I am talking about the game client, not the PVP.net client.

shiftyfied

08-15-2012

so if your default is set to pc speakers before game and then after game starts u change default back to tv the game stays on the pc speakers? i'm pretty sure i tried this one. but i'll try it again this afternoon.

either way having to do this EVERY game would get very annoying very fast. then again i'm playing for 6-8 hours out of the day

EDIT: Confirmed. that does work but once game ends you have to repeat the process for the following game. either way it is very annoying and would love to have the option to set a targeted playback device like so many other games have.

Is this a possibility Riot?

CyberTootie

08-15-2012

You could leave speakers as default and change the settings for these other programs to go through the TV then, could you not?

shiftyfied

08-16-2012

VLC player don't have targeted playback options. neither does firefox. not that i can find atleast

CyberTootie

08-17-2012

In VLC you can under Advanced audio settings, output modules. Firefox, yeah you won't be able to.

I can't confirm this, but I thought there was a setting you could trigger in nVidia application profiles, something to the tune of 'use hdmi audio'. If you have an nVidia card it might be worth looking into.

shiftyfied

10-28-2012

bump.

Chislayer Osiris

04-19-2013

Old thread I found while googling a solution.
Bumping instead of creating a new thread.

RIOT PLS