[HOW-TO] Change your IN-GAME and PVP.net voice-overs

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xilest

Recruiter

09-19-2012

Just wondering if anyone can get this to work? Anyway thanks for the tutorial I've tried it twice and it didn't work. Thanks.

KnaverSeong

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilest View Post
Just wondering if anyone can get this to work? Anyway thanks for the tutorial I've tried it twice and it didn't work. Thanks.
I've heard French in action.
I'm personally interested in hearing more Greek, Nordic, and Russian.

Character/voice combinations (I'd consider) worth checking out:
Note that this list is biased towards solo queue
French for Lux (also voices Amalia, from the French anime, Wakfu), German for Corki, Nordic/Russian for Caitlin, and Greek for Galio.

Menandore

10-23-2012

Thank you very much for the guide! In some instances of the game's patches, it has been possible to simply rename the sound bank file to achieve the same effect. In principle, this seems more comprehensive though, and it would allow even more customization to a dedicated individual.

It'd be great if we could create some kind of repository for the sound bank files, for people who can't obtain them easily by direct means? Alternatively, what's preventing voiceover content being delivered directly through the client? Is it just that the patcher doesn't have any mechanism to allow selective content delivery?

Thanks again, great help!

Strato5

11-05-2012

bump for laterz

Alrikster

11-21-2012

Hey, might anyone be able to give me a detailed explanation of how to change my ingame voiceover to chinese?

Also i have the problem that the path
RADS/projects/lol_air_client/assets/sounds
doesnt exist for me. in the lol_air_client folder theres only "managedfiles" and "releases" folders, but no "assets" folder.

Zorgulus

11-28-2012

It worked (except for the character selection, which I don't care about).
Much thanks!
Will I have to do that every time there's a new update?

Zorgulus

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrikster View Post
Hey, might anyone be able to give me a detailed explanation of how to change my ingame voiceover to chinese?

Also i have the problem that the path
RADS/projects/lol_air_client/assets/sounds
doesnt exist for me. in the lol_air_client folder theres only "managedfiles" and "releases" folders, but no "assets" folder.
In assets there's 2 folders, one of them has another folder that has another folder that leads to sounds.

Kosheh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorgulus View Post
In assets there's 2 folders, one of them has another folder that has another folder that leads to sounds.
you're also not really following the directory right ;P

Yeah, in lol_air_client follow the "releases" folder, then the latest game version, then "deploy"
.../releases/[latestver]/deploy/

THEN continue your search through the "assets" folder as it'll be staring you right in the face

as for the walkthrough to make those English files into Chinese files, then, follow my guide but change every instance of ko_KR to zh_CN within the game files

Surprisingly Zed's in the Chinese client (dubbed, too) but when Nami comes out the Chinese version won't be up-to-date, since they wait a few weeks for bugfixes and review. So, Nami will be silent if you decide to keep the Chinese VO :{

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorgulus View Post
Will I have to do that every time there's a new update?
according to riot (thanks jay) yes, you do have to revert it (literally copy the english files back) because there's a chance you might trash your install :{

Blue Prism

12-04-2012

In case anyone is interested, this method still works with the Dec. 4 Pre-season 3 patch.

I only tested replacing the English VOs with the Korean VOs. The voicebanks can be found at:
lol_game_client_en_us/managedfiles/0.0.0.115
lol_game_client_ko_kr/managedfiles/0.0.0.58

Myschu

12-05-2012

Quote:
All of these are prefaced with [in my case] “VOBank_ko_KR”. Simply open your “Find and Replace” function and rename all instances of that to your native language.
I'm not really sure what you are saying to replace.
I replaced ko_KR with en_US and replaced Korean with English but the characters are silent in game.

12345612 ... 17