ranked elo loss for disconnect allies

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaterpillarCake

Recruiter

08-13-2012

if someone disconnects at the start or 30 seconds in and never comes back, you defiantly should not lose as much elo as you would normally.

the disconnected player should lose more elo and his allies lose less.
player1: -30 (player who dc's early on and never comes back)
player2: -8
player3: -8
player4: -8
player5: -8

i think everyone would appreciate a feature like this.
the easiest way to tell that the player disconnected before anything happened is that they did not deal any damage the entire game.

also what about people playing ranked and find out they have to leave 20 minutes in?
i feel there should be a feature for one person to accept the majority of the elo loss.
maybe some people would never use this feature, but i feel that many would if they had to leave their team to go do something important.
an easy way to implement this is simply a button in the in-game menu. menu > accept majority elo loss > are you sure?

thoughts and ideas on this and things like this?
i would like to know why things like this haven't been implemented yet.

AlphariusRising

08-13-2012

So if someone has internet problems, or their computer crashes, or their Grandma catches on fire, they should be punished in elo?

CaterpillarCake

Recruiter

08-13-2012

yes. if their computer crashes in a ranked game, they should lose more elo than everyone else.

CaterpillarCake

Recruiter

08-13-2012

bump

AlphariusRising

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaterpillarCake View Post
yes. if their computer crashes in a ranked game, they should lose more elo than everyone else.
Why? I understand reducing (or even forgiving) the loss of everyone else, but in addition to getting a loss on your record from a comp crash, you lose triple the elo? From something that's as far out of your control as it is out of everyone else's?

Sleekman

08-13-2012

Playing with crappy internet - Their fault
Playing with a crappy compuer - Their fault
Grandma Catching on Fire - Their fault they are at grandmas

Almost every disconnect reason can be prevented by the person not playing when they know there is a chance of problems.