Fastest way to earn IP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pyrokinetiq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

So yeah, just finished my rune book for malzahar, now i want to buy twitch because he looks fun.

atm i have ~600 IP.

What's the fastest way for me to earn more? I know there used to be IP farm practice games but Riot made practice games -100% IP because of it.

What's more ip-efficient? playing on SR? or shorter games on TT, but having the -20% IP?

HideGoSeek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

Buy time based and win based boosts. They get used at the same time and make your games worth 3x as much IP as usual.

You can also 5man premade and do 5man promote.... oh wait...

Liz Vicious

09-13-2010

Just play normal games with Malzahar?

Rhetorical Hippo

09-13-2010

Pro Tip: Never buy a 6300 champion without testing him first, especially Twitch.

Twitch requires a totally different mentality and if you cannot master his timing, not only will you never be able to earn kills but you'll be dead before your tank can even blink. I strongly recommend testing Twitch before buying him if you can.

HideGoSeek

09-13-2010

Also, don't buy Twitch. Waste of IP.

CecilRhodes

09-13-2010

..There's still IP farm practices.

???????

09-13-2010

buy a 3 day IP boost and a 12 win IP boost, which stacks. play lots of games. profit??

JumboCactaur

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HideGoSeek View Post
Buy time based and win based boosts. They get used at the same time and make your games worth 3x as much IP as usual.

You can also 5man premade and do 5man promote.... oh wait...
If you're just going to spend RP to get IP for a champion... you might as well just spend the RP on Twitch himself. Only spend for boosts if you want IP for runes.

Practice games still give IP, though there is a 10% penalty, and the "swift victory" and "long defense" bonuses, and the "no leaver streak" bonus don't apply there, so its actually much more than a 10% penalty.

That being said, you can do 4 or 6 (not sure how many) practice games vs bots (with other humans on your team) per day and still earn IP, and they are fast games that earn you more IP over time than normal games would. But the First Win of the Day is very important to get, so I'd make sure to get that before doing the bot games.

vasdeferens

09-13-2010

Buy garen for 3k instead, save 3k and profit

Meta

09-13-2010

First of all, don't look at it like a grind. If you do, then you're going to get bored and frustrated very quickly. Try not to focus on your IP. The watched pot never boils.

Make sure you ALWAYS get your first win of the day. That bonus is HUGE. Besides that, it doesn't really matter if you play SR or TT, they seem relatively proportional. Just play whichever is the most fun.

Also, always look for opportunities to earn extra IP. If there's a double IP weekend, buying a boost will net you QUADRUPLE IP, which is amazing for accumulation. Another thing you can do is buy a boost prior to a weekend you know you'll be playing a lot, or buy a long boost if you're going to have some time off from work/school (ie: Winter break/etc).

As others have stated, you should always try to test our a champion during a free week before you buy them.