Any tips on CSing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dewtrocity

08-13-2012

I know that we are supposed to Last Hit the Creeps and not attack them at all until they are low enough health to one shot during laning stages but what about when the enemy pushes the Creeps by your Turret. I keep having trouble doing enough damage to the creeps to be able to kill them without the Turret doing so instead since the Turret can take them from about half health to dead which is something I can't do early game. I'm mostly talking about Bottom lane but I suppose this could happen at the other two as well.

Are there any tips on how to fix this? I have been losing a lot of CS to it lately.

tehcouncilman

08-13-2012

Most of the time you let the turret hit the creep once or twice depending on the minion.
In ex; A melee minion takes 3 turret hits for it to drop. After the second hit, It should be low enough for one hit. A caster minion is a bit trickier. You hit it first, let the turret hit it, then deal the last hit.

Keep in mind, the longe lane phase lasts, the stronger the minions gets. Hopefully you will be able to deal enough dmg by that point to not rely on the tower to help with your cs. Hope this helps!

LowlyingLemur

08-13-2012

What tehcouncilman said.

Also you may want to consider using some mana on abilities to farm creeps at the tower if you can't last hit them fast enough.

chaser676

08-13-2012

If you're having problems hitting tower, push the wave out. You have to autoattack push sometimes, not just last hit

Jeanschyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

Also, try doublehitting the S key. you'll be standing where you are without autoattacking, which helps when farming under tower

Sokar468

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

If you have some points in defense tree (specifically Tough Skin and Indomitable), you can tank minions all day to keep them out of tower range. Not recommended otherwise unless you have some armor and lifesteal.

Otherwise, it's champion specific. They all have their quirks. For example, if your champion has an autoattack modifier (like Renekton's W, Yorick's Q, Nasus's Q, Wukong's Q), you can autoattack then immediately activate the ability afterwards to reset the autoattack timer to quickly attack again. This is a great way to secure a minion kill you otherwise might miss.

Kirielis

08-13-2012

If they're pushing, feel free to push right back and keep the wave out of tower range. Just make sure not to miss any last hits while you're at it.

Cfattie

08-14-2012

The key is not to watch the HP bar of your target, but to watch the animations for the minions attacking your target.

It may not make sense in writing, but allow me to elaborate.

Many starters look at the HP bar slowly draining to guess-timate the timing for last hitting, but you also have to take a look at what and how many minions are attacking the minion you are trying to last hit.

It makes a lot more sense when you try it.

iNotes

08-14-2012

At early levels, Melee minions take two turret shots, then you can hit them, ranged minions you need to hit them once before the turret hits them, then they will be a one shot. That will work only if your minions aren't hitting them. As you get more experience playing your cs skill should increase, as it is necessary to get better items.

Durzaka

08-14-2012

others have already really covered how to handle turret farming, but something else is, when you finally get to 20 and start using Runes, it gets a lot easier ebcause you have a boosted attack damage at the start of the game.