Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rylai's on Impure Shots

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zenharu

09-13-2010

Double-Up would not proc it, since Mystic shot doesn't proc Rylai's either. Rylai's only applies to spells that deal Magic Damage.

Fire Shogun

09-13-2010

Everybody going AP on miss fortune needs a swift kick to the nuts

Krosan

09-13-2010

I think the game code may treat Mystic Shot differently, though. I'm pretty certain I've seen Spell Vamp triggering on Spear Shot, and I'm under the impression that Spell Vamp triggers on pretty much everything Rylai's does.

I'll actually try this out later with Pantheon. I feel it needs tested on someone with a physical-damage effect which does not proc onhits.

EDIT: Talking about Double Up.

IntFam

09-13-2010

It doesn't. It's a buff, not an actual targetted spell. Phage and Hammer, however, will proc.

Krosan

09-13-2010

I just tested it. As you can see, the golem is debuffed with a Slow effect, I have a Rylai's, and I just hit it with Spearshot (which is on CD now).

If it's just applying a ghost debuff for some idiotic reason, then that's one thing, but I AM applying slow debuffs on use of skills with purely physical damage components. I'm fairly certain at this point that the only physical damage spells which won't work with Rylai's or spell vamp are those that specifically enable on-hit effects (Parrley and Mystic Shot) and that pure-physical damage spells will proc it.

EDIT: Wow, low-res pic. Sorry. Point still stands though.