Epic Monsters?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RonyAP

09-13-2010

Hi,

I read that when you kill epic monsters, it will give your whole team expericence and gold. May I ask what are epic mosnters? It doesnt say in the guide.

Are these just the monsters in the middle are of the 3x3 map? And how do I tell if they are an epic monster?

Does killing normal monsters in the jungle give experience to the whole team?

And would you recommend going into the jungle at the start of the game and killing as many monsters as possible within the 1.5 minutes to get an early start?

Thanks

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

In the 5v5 map; Dragon gives global XP (1 tower worth) and gold(130). Nashor Gives global XP (1,5 towers worth) and gold (250).

In the 3v3 map the dragon gives global XP. All other monsters give bonuses only to the killer and surrounding champs (xp).

Jungling is suitable for some champions, but not for all. i suggest you check the background of your champion or ask if he can jungle.

reallyblueomg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-13-2010

It wasn't mentioned by the previous poster, but on the 5v5 map, Summoner's Rift, Baron Nashor also provides a global buff for all allied players that are alive for the team that killed it. On the 3v3 map, the dragon also provides a global buff for all allied players that are alive. Depending on your lane partner, you can go and kill the small camp for a bit of a boost in terms of EXP, anything else and you'll risk losing more exp than you gain.

RonyAP

09-13-2010

Thanks

LunarisDream

09-13-2010

Monsters that are epic. (I'm sorry, I had to)

Yeah, global XP and some give buffs. They could also be translated as impossibly to solo-kill at the beginning of the game.

Omnipotence

Recruiter

09-13-2010

As to the second half of your question, jungling is a useful strategy that involves forgoing a lane to kill the neutral creeps in the jungle. Remember that the creeps have delayed spawn times, so you can't start killing them before minions spawn. In the case of the golem and lizard buff on SR, they spawn about 20 seconds after minions spawn.

Gaimcap

09-13-2010

Dragon on SR is a 4(?) minute spawn timer as well. If I remember correctly, he used to spawn when all other minions spawned but there were some balancing issues because that usually meant that the team who killed him first won the game (Uncontested it was a nice XP and Gold lead, and if a level 1 teamfight occured, the winners and subsequent dragon killers would have a massive lead). At least I think that's what happened... It was so long ago (would have been back when the game just went into open beta) that I can't quite remember if that's exactly true or not >.>.