LoL more like League of Ranged Carries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EveryTimeV

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLaw View Post
A well built and smart Yi, can easily decimate a tristana, or an ashe. Unless Trist jumps over a wall and attacks from there. Cuz i dont think Alpha strike can jump trough walls.

Btw Ghost + Highlander + Frozen Mallet = where u going?

Alpha strike is strange, it can go through walls, it puts you in a bad spot most the time.

DDXProject

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

Try telling that to Garen as he smacks you in the face. Watch Olaf brush away all the stuns and snares thrown at him as he wrecks you to pieces.

TheShortestPath

09-13-2010

Garen.

/thread

Ravaillac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

The bulky DPS one? I try not to, but I can definitely see it work WAY better for some champs than others.

IMLOwl

09-13-2010

LoRC doesn't have the same ring to it.

DarkLaw

09-13-2010

Also, Xin has a light-speed skill that gets him to melee range, and then throws u up in the air, and finnally thears you into pieces. So, wheres you Ashe now?

Ravaillac

09-13-2010

Since after Xin came out, they nerfed every single thing about him, and he still doesn't need any damage items to tear people apart? I think he's a special case.

SlyGoat

09-13-2010

Melee DPS do far, far, far more damage than ranged, and so you don't need to stack many damage items and can go for survivability. The only melee DPS champion who doesn't either have tank stats, ridiculous steroids or both is Tryndamere, because he can become immune to death for 6 seconds. (and he does have decent steroids, just not on par with, say, Yi).

Jun41

09-13-2010

I think your build on melee dps is probably.

Bloodthirster, last whispher, bloodrazor, zerker greaves, infinity edge, or other damage items.

No resist, armor, nothing. Melee dps are usually designed so that they don't need to stack their inventories with full dmg items to do considerable damage. Every champ that you have to go in melee range with, you need to get some form of resist. Maybe not armor, but Banshees veil is definity a must on every melee champ... imo

Malurth

09-13-2010

The best defense is a good offense.

Take Master Yi, for example. He can Alpha Strike into range at about the same range that an ranged dps would start attacking, and with enough lifesteal and attack speed/damage, you can keep your health up like a pro, no worries.

Only issue is CC, and tanks should be helping you out there. Or if you're badass enough you can just power through it.