ELO Idea?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azrethe

09-13-2010

And Matchmaking. Shouldnt it be based in individual abilties and score and not on team? My current understanding is the ELO system is based on wins/losses. Would it really be hard to design a system that categorizes champions by thier type, then gathers info from say every 10 games and averages them.

Like say you get 10 random tanks. 4 win/6 lose. Wouldnt there be a way to base the elo change on assists/deaths and damage absorbed/healed? Say in one of the losses, the guy had like 1/6/30 + was the only one to kill a turret and still lost. His ELO woulnt be hit as much as say one that had 0/11/3 and surrendered. Obvsiouly the more you die the more damage youll be absorbing so make it a ratio of damageabsorbed/deaths to show whether or not they were just feeding, or actually tanking.

Granted this is just a simple concept, but is it really that hard to make a code that updates it self and averages the stats? We already can view previous match scores. Just incorporate that.

As it stands now, the more you lose, the more likely you are to lose. I could carry the game and still lose cause someone solos by himself and feeds/leaves. I mean I know Riot wants to make money off them, but whats the point of playing if Im constantly teamed with people that put thornmail and trinityforce on a shaco then procedes to feed? (After we lost, come to find out the guy had 300wins 197 leaves. How did I get queued with him anyway?) Apparently the only way to actually win is not to soloq. I should go to recruitment forums or something.

tl;dr Read it or dont, I dont care.

Azrethe

09-13-2010

Aww downvote me? I gave an idea. Atleast say somethin nubbish like 'seen that before' or 'bad idea'. Im actually asking if this is a good idea.

jaestel

09-13-2010

Then people would start to care about the meaningless K/D ratio. And u know would refuse to fight. Almost nobody would play Tanks because of the "low" K/D ratio. And generaly people would QQ even more in games.

But i do agree that ELO is not good at judging individual skill. Most of the time its unfair.
But i dont have an idea what should the system be like so it cant be abused in any way.

Maybe a hybrid of your suggestion and the current Elo. Like i sayed i have no idea how it could be improoved.

carlos arco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Banned

09-13-2010

wHo rU rEPlYing 2, ThErEs nO1 HeRe

$ ca2|os $

Fallon x

09-13-2010

What you are asking for is actually far more complicated than what you may think. An algorithm taking in that many variables to determine ones rating among other players would be highly intensive and have a large margin for inaccurately portraying someones rating. I'm not sure what kind of rating system Riot uses but I am inclined to believe it is a basic Elo system that has been around for 50 years and has worked well for most individual games. It is unfair to the players who always get stuck with that feeder or the quitters, but it's probably to much hassle to implement something like what you suggested. Although I do agree with you about the idea, I think it would definitely be more enjoyable.