Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I cannot play carries.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phixation

09-13-2010

It's not as uncommon as you think. I have over 1000 games played and I suck every time I play a melee carry.

I am ok with ranged carrys like tristana and corky and ashe, but melee carrys is pretty much feeding the other team a win.

For me it's mainly just not knowing when to engage the team fight, I'm either too early and get focused, or too late and my team is half dead.

I'm ok with it though I've played DPS tanks in all MMO's I've played and I enjoy casters and support as well.....so being decent with ranged carries and 3 other "Classes" and sucking with melee carries is ok with me lol.

Blups

09-13-2010

Quote:
Saylu:
If you can't play carries then play support like you have been doing. What's wrong with playing support champions? Stay behind the tanks and let the carries do all the work, watch the red bars, use some support skills once in a while. You can be terrible bad, and still win. Profit.

So true. It's prob why I like playing support. lol.

But OP did say that ranked games are stopping him from playing taric/janna for various reasons.

Ocean God

09-13-2010

Everyone has their own playstyle. I can barely play anyone that's not Anivia. So I guess you could try her.

IS1589bcde5545b2

09-13-2010

I've tried Ashe and can't say I liker her playstyle that much. Its always fun ulting enemies but other than that she just seems a bit odd.

Lately I've been thinking of Nidalee and Kog'maw. With Nidalee I have a possible heal a long range attack and a melee attack. Kog'maw also has that great ranged attack.

Could I pick up some health runes, and magic pen for singed build and use that build for other champs as well?

From 1-20 I played a lot of Xin and Ezreal, and Xin felt pretty easy so I might go back to him.

I just hope they releases a few new supporters soon, I don't really like Soraka and Kayle isn't that much fun either.

Jun41

09-13-2010

Brolaf. You go in with R, cleanse exhaust, and start ripping people's faces off

soupdelicious

09-13-2010

Quote:
Ukanlos:

So now after 200 wins, there's not a single carry I can play competent. It doesn't help that I only have runes for Taric as well which is mostly AP runes. Most games still end up with me picking Janna or Taric since I know I'm not good with carries :/

AP Runes? Sweet.

Carry Kayle.

I played Support and Tanks for a long time and it's just this mentality you can't get out of.

I play poke in lane, AP per level reds, blues. Mana regen per level yellows. Flat AP quints. Starting item Doran's Ring.

Boots, Guinsoo's Rageblade, Berserker's Greaves, Stinger, Recurve Bow.

I'd build the rest of the Nashor's, except it doesn't up DPS enough to prioritize. A Guardian is good in lategame, but by that time everything is situational. A Nashor's + a blue Pot = 37% CDs.

You start with 47 AP, 57 AP if you use your ignite early. (Which is good, doing a strong harass, using your potion and then trying to deny experience)

I like it side lane or solotop. Not so big on mid.

She's pretty cheap, 450 IP right? And she's free this week. Try it.

I level R > Q > E > W unless I'm sololane 1v2, then I'll go R > E > W > Q.

Try it. Love it.

Danulas

09-13-2010

The most important thing you need to do is understand what a carry does.

A carry is essentially useless for the first half of the match. You should spend first 10-15 minutes just farming hardcore and not dying. So last hit like a madman during the laning phase, and after that just find an empty lane and do a little farming there.

Kill one or two creep waves and move to another lane before you get ganked.

Carries don't scale well with levels alone. You need items, meaning you need gold, meaning you need to farm. A lot.

After you have your damage items and such, start roaming with your team. Stay behind your tanks (as a ranged carry) and focus single targets down.

slowpokie

09-13-2010

Morgana has spell vamp passive, so she naturally heals back by spamming her skills.

Oerwoud

09-13-2010

Three things:
1: People have a tendency for a certain role. I play support best as well, tankish after. Nothing wrong with that.
2: Tankish, support is easier: Tank doesnt die fast, so his mistakes cost less (except if team follows a bad initiation ). Support is easier, because you in the back helping your team. So no wonder that a change to squishy DPS feels like losing.
3: After 200+ games support/tank, youre used to those roles. You know that you can stand in front and can take a poke. You know when to go in etc. That wasnt the case with only 10+ games under your belt. Try 200+ games as a carry and you'll see that you do a far better job.

Its just practise and what your used to. Try tankish DPS like morde or garen. You get out of your original role as support, but still have toughness of tank.