I cannot play carries.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1589bcde5545b2

09-13-2010

I've got a problem, thats probably not really all that common. But I just cannot play carries, its almost a disaster everytime. I can have great games every now and then but I cannot play consistently good with any carry.

I mostly play Taric and Janna, and thats about it what I can play. I'm also somewhat ok with Singed and can play a few others a little bit at least.

When I leveled up to 30 I naturally wanted to win every match. Unfortunatenly most matches ends up with squishy DPS so I end up taking Taric, since im not good with tanks either. So at least I can take some damage and support them.

So now after 200 wins, there's not a single carry I can play competent. It doesn't help that I only have runes for Taric as well which is mostly AP runes. Most games still end up with me picking Janna or Taric since I know I'm not good with carries :/

I own Ezreal, Ashe, Blitzcrank, Akali, MIss Fortune, Morgana, Olaf and Xin Zhao but I'm terrible with each of them.

What would you suggest as possible carry I could try to learn? A major problem is that I will often get harssed taking too much damage and not really having an ability to heal it back.

If I'm ever gonna play ranked I can't really relay on Taric, since he's gonna be banned most of the time, and Janna is also hot pick, and Singed isn't always what you want.

BloodLikeIce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

Ashe is extremely easy to learn.

Get an infinity edge and start slapping people.

(If you are worried about getting harassed a lot go pick up facebook Tristana and abuse her ridic range.)

IMLOwl

09-13-2010

Try jungling. If laning is a problem, jungling lets you level up without getting harrassed and you can just go into gank mode. Plus you outlevel your opponents. Try jungle Olaf.

Blups

09-13-2010

I have exactly the same problem, and it's probably just the playstyle we prefer. I mostly play Janna/Soraka these days (I like support roles). I used to main Ashe too because my friends tell me she's easy to learn. She is easy, but I found it hard to carry once I started playing level 30 games (well actually I was usually just "okay" with her, but then I started to become terrible after I got to 30 LOL). Maybe it's because people know what they're doing more, but I found it hard to survive with ashe. Well actually.. I'm just not very smart with positioning lulz.

Anyway, totally random suggestion (not exactly a carry, but can be a carry) - what about Morde? It just sounds like we prefer similar playstyles and I recently started to play Morde. I quite like playing as a tanky dps. I just don't know if mordes are favoured much in ranked games since I don't play them, but it could be another champ to try out. It's something different, I guess!

Except you'll definitely need to get runes specially for Morde. It could be just me (I'm not a pro hardcore type of player) but I find that runes/masteries makes a bigger difference on morde than the other (few) champs I tried.

PoutyLipZ

09-13-2010

try kog maw

addEventListener

09-13-2010

ashe is NOT a carry anymore. there are champions outshining her by far,
i'm always happy to see one though.

baughb

09-13-2010

Save up the IP required to get Arpen marks + Quints, and flat HP quints as well.

Especially the Arpen marks, they make a world of difference when playing physical carries early (and even mid) game.

Olaf & Xin can both take long term harassment well during laning if you're careful (Olaf is generally considered a better jungle than lane anyway), so you don't have to go back often. As a plus, they are both decent characters to learn.

Honestly if you had problems keeping yourself topped up with these guys, then it's either a rune/mastery issue or it's a problem with your playstyle.

Since you have AP runes right now, you can try to run with Vlad. He's widely known for his irritating ability to stay in lane forever (by level 9 with no items you can heal yourself with Q for ~80-100HP every 3 seconds). He is also one of the few mages that can carry really well in the current 'meta'.

thepickuptruck

09-13-2010

jungle ww mayb - with janna+taric u like healing champs and ww has amazin lifesteal.

imo ashe is easy to learn but hard to master.

Saylu

09-13-2010

If you can't play carries then play support like you have been doing. What's wrong with playing support champions? Stay behind the tanks and let the carries do all the work, watch the red bars, use some support skills once in a while. You can be terrible bad, and still win. Profit.

Saint Seraphiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

I'm not good with Carries either as my mains have been tanks but I found Xin, Ashe, MF pretty ****ed easy.