Last Whisper priority?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IMLOwl

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjerk View Post
Since we're still here, when is Bloodthirster > IE?
IE is better when your build focuses on critting, like Tryndamere. When your build focuses on consistent base damage, like AD Ezreal, bloodthirsters or a black cleaver are a better option.

Voidgolem

09-13-2010

Depends on the champion.

Can't ever really call it good on champions who's main attacks don't trigger it (Pantheon and Urgot, mainly. Garen a little.), or those who have enough attack speed to afford going for straight damage items first (Trist, Ezreal, Sometimes TF).

It's a decent enough tank-killer, though.

As to BT versus IE - Personal preference. If you've got crit and have stuff which can crit, why not make that stuff crit harder?

SlyGoat

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
Depends on the champion.

Can't ever really call it good on champions who's main attacks don't trigger it (Pantheon and Urgot, mainly. Garen a little.), or those who have enough attack speed to afford going for straight damage items first (Trist, Ezreal, Sometimes TF).

It's a decent enough tank-killer, though.

As to BT versus IE - Personal preference. If you've got crit and have stuff which can crit, why not make that stuff crit harder?
Yeah I forgot to mention that. Last whisper doesn't apply to ability damage, so Parrrley, Mystic Shot, Spear Shot, Heartseeker Strike, Double Up, Judgment, Crescent Slash, Gatling Gun, and I believe (don't quote me on this) on-hit effects such as Sheen/Trinity Force/Lichbane, Siphoning Strike and Decisive Strike don't benefit from Last Whisper, but they do benefit from all flat armor penetration (runes/brutalizer/youmuus) and armor reduction (black cleaver/stark's/some abilities).

kems85

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjerk View Post
I mostly play melee champs atm.

I have yet to buy it (heard something about its mechanics getting changed to make it worse?) in any game. Where is it in terms of importance relative to other physical DPS items?
It's good against tanks, but 40% of a squishies armor isn't that great until they buy a GA or something. You're better off with flat armor pen for taking out squishies. It also depends what champ you play. I'd take ghostblade over LW in most scenarios.

IMLOwl

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
Yeah I forgot to mention that. Last whisper doesn't apply to ability damage, so Parrrley, Mystic Shot, Spear Shot, Heartseeker Strike, Double Up, Judgment, Crescent Slash, Gatling Gun, and I believe (don't quote me on this) on-hit effects such as Sheen/Trinity Force/Lichbane, Siphoning Strike and Decisive Strike don't benefit from Last Whisper, but they do benefit from all flat armor penetration (runes/brutalizer/youmuus) and armor reduction (black cleaver/stark's/some abilities).
I'm 95% sure this is accurate. Last Whisper only applies to base damage from auto-attacks.

Ninjerk

09-13-2010

I appreciate the feedback everyone.

SlyGoat

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMLOwl View Post
I'm 95% sure this is accurate. Last Whisper only applies to base damage from auto-attacks.
All damage from autoattacks*. Base damage implies only the damage your champion deals without items (hence Sheen adds 80% of your base damage to your next hit, not total damage).

IMLOwl

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
All damage from autoattacks*. Base damage implies only the damage your champion deals without items (hence Sheen adds 80% of your base damage to your next hit, not total damage).
Also correct. My first statement precludes crit damage as well.

LegendReborn

09-13-2010

I would start with a brutalizer and then from there working on a big item. Brutalizer has damage, armor penetration (Not the same as Last Whisper), and cooldown reduction. What more do you want for a first medium sized item?

IMLOwl

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendReborn View Post
I would start with a brutalizer and then from there working on a big item. Brutalizer has damage, armor penetration (Not the same as Last Whisper), and cooldown reduction. What more do you want for a first medium sized item?
A handy. Wishful thinking, I know.