How to Carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

Hey all, as the title says I'm looking for advice on how to carry.

A statement I have heard often is "if you can't carry just because of an afk/feeder/troll, you probably don't deserve a higher elo anyway." While at first I was "repulsed" by such a statement, I now decided to take things the other way. If other people can do it, I can sure try and learn.

So I was wondering, what are good ways to carry? I am a solid mid player. I play support very well, but you can only get your ADC fed and generally can't carry by yourself as the support. I can jungle fairly well, and I can to top pretty ok sometimes. I am very good at counterpicking, provided I have the champion.

Advice I am looking for is entirely open (but with legitimacy please). Are there good champions? What kind of strategies? Is there a "better" lane to carry as? How does one help plays by others that contains either bad luck, or just plain bad player? Any other advice you guys can give to help improve my gameplay would be wonderful.

Feel free to answer all of these even in an "elo range" standpoint. For example I know that a lot of times a Nasus can farm his Q and penta in a team fight at 1000-1200 games that go late. Tryndamere is also a noted "Noob smasher." The particular range I'm looking for is Bronze League (1250) and up. I understand it is very unlikely that I will become one of the greats and likely not even close to Dat Plat Status. I'm simply looking to improve my overall game, and hopefully scale up in elo (goal is gold league) in the process.

I'm also looking for help on 3v3s. I know mostly the champions to play/ban, but not all. Help and tips on jungling as well as ganking and mobility, and overall strategy to win would be nice.

Thanks to all who comment, I will try to comment back if I have a question or don't understand something. Thanks again!

P.S. I know rule number 1 is ward, ward, and ward it again, regardless of what you're playing.

Death Rattle

08-11-2012

I think my post in a previous topic is cover this, I don't want to re post so:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2454972&page=2

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aņon View Post
I think my post in a previous topic is cover this, I don't want to re post so:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2454972&page=2
Any recommendations on champions?

wrsthnsatn667

08-11-2012

bump for more assistance.

wrsthnsatn667

08-13-2012

bump

AlphariusRising

08-13-2012

Disclaimer: All my experience is from normal games on this account and my smurf, I don't play ranked because rune pages are 'spensive and I want to be at my best when I start ranked.

IMO there's 2 kinds of supports, normal supports and game-changing supports.

Soraka is an example of a normal support. Her entire kit is extremely strong in laning, and in teamfights her global heal, her preposterous armor boost, and her passive and Q all contribute a lot to a teamfight.

Blitzcrank is an example of a game changing support. In-lane he offers very little to his partner, and a bad blitzcrank turns it into a 2v1 lane. However, a good or great blitzcrank is going to have total control of both bushes and leave both enemies paranoid to be anywhere but behind their minions. A single hit hook will equal a kill or a force out of lane, easy, and in teamfights, a great blitz might grab the AD carry or an assassin or something, and win a teamfight right there with one hit of his Q.

The former are good if you know you're playing with good people, say, you're duo queueing with your AD carry, and you're on skype together, and you know he's really good.

The latter is good if you're playing with randoms, and need to carry from support.