Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Gangplank Bug?

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nj293

Junior Member

09-13-2010

I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but when you are getting hit with Malzahar's Ultimate you can't Remove Scurvy out of it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alcapone263

Senior Member

09-13-2010

it's supression

and you shouldn't be able to Remove Scurvy out of it! eating an orange doesn't negate the power of the void, fool!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whist

Senior Member

09-13-2010

Lollllllllll

You seriously think nullifying a champions ultimate with a 25(ish) cd spell is a bug?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ennbeard

Senior Member

09-13-2010

Quote:
Whist:
Lollllllllll

You seriously think nullifying a champions ultimate with a 25(ish) cd spell is a bug?


It was one of Gangplanks unique features. One of the few things he had going for him.

Also, made people have to think a little bit about their spell usage. Before suppression, if you blew your ulti as Malz or WW on Pirate, you deserved to lose it.

The problem with Cleanse is EVERYONE can take it on any champ. Gangplank, however, can only be on one team, meaning you aren't going to be completely shut down. Gangplank also isn't as key a target as Ezreal or Kog'maw, lets say, so in big fights he shouldn't be a target anyway unless he's their main carry.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whist

Senior Member

09-13-2010

It would be stupidly OP if you could completely cleanse out of an ult like that.

You can scurvy out of ashe stun but you still take the damage...if you could do that to morde his ult would be worthless against you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

09-13-2010

I could see Scurvy-ing out of the stun portion, but definitely not the damage. If that were easily possible though, we wouldn't have Suppression in the first place : /


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shuga Buns

Senior Member

09-13-2010

Quote:
Nj293:
I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but when you are getting hit with Malzahar's Ultimate you can't Remove Scurvy out of it.


Oh, hi Nate, anyway, it is suppression. It came in with the patch, mostly because of QQ'rs who hated being cleansed by WW ulti or malz etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Madman Reborn

Senior Member

09-13-2010

Quote:
NitroN7:
It was one of Gangplanks unique features. One of the few things he had going for him.

Also, made people have to think a little bit about their spell usage. Before suppression, if you blew your ulti as Malz or WW on Pirate, you deserved to lose it.

The problem with Cleanse is EVERYONE can take it on any champ. Gangplank, however, can only be on one team, meaning you aren't going to be completely shut down. Gangplank also isn't as key a target as Ezreal or Kog'maw, lets say, so in big fights he shouldn't be a target anyway unless he's their main carry.


People tend to target him though because of how easy they think they can kill him.


1