To RiotGamesInc, Please address this issue: Connection Failure Error

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sgt Major Cheese

08-12-2012

Dear Riot,
Please help out the LoL community and try and fix this issue.

Ok, heres the laydown on what has happened to me in the past week.
-I bought a new asus laptop on August 7th and downloaded LoL immediately when I got it.
My pc specs - Intel Core i7 2.2Ghz, Nvidia GeForce 610M, 6GB RAM.
-LoL worked perfectly until yesterday Saturday August 11th. I started to get the Connection Failure: Unable to connect to the PVP.net server quite frequently...
Now it is Sunday August 12th and I would of thought this error would be gone by now but it hasn't.

What I have done to fix this issue..
I basically tried everything on this website https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...hen-logging-in

I found out what is the issue is or supposedly what Riot tells me what the issue is...my firewall has been blocking it. So, I listen to what Riot tells from the solutions page, I turn off all my firewalls and I am able to log on... but whenever I get into a game there's another error... this is all it says"Unable to connect to the server. If you have a firewall, it may be blocking the connection. Please refer to your firewall's documentation. Would you like to retry the connection?"

This is not all... of course I retry the connection WITH all my firewall off... as Riot tells me to turn it off, doesn't work at all. At this point I am in rage mode. I reopen lol and try to log on and I basically go back to the first error. So after all that I reinstall LoL and when I try to log on again.... Guess what?? the Connection Failure: Unable to connect to the PVP.net server AGAIN. So I am so frustrated right now.. I literally do a system restore. And reinstall LoL and log on and same error... I realized that my laptop is not the problem and Riot's servers are causing this... please HELP me and all the other summoners who have this problem and it's NOT THERE FAULT.

NOTE: The problem with the error isn't with my internet because before I bought my laptop I previously played on my brothers laptop and it works fine on his and he has a Intel Core i5...

RUNDOWN ON WHAT I JUST SAID IN THESE PARAGRAPHS:
1. I get (Connection Failure: Unable to connect to the PVP.net server) whenever I try and log on.
2. Tried all the solutions... doesn't work but I found out it is a on and off thingy with the firewall...sometimes when I turn off the firewall it logs on.. sometimes when I leave the firewall it logs on... <---Also forgot to note that above.
3. When I am on LoL Client... and I play a game it doesn't work because I get another error. (Unable to connect to the server. If you have a firewall, it may be blocking the connection. Please refer to your firewall's documentation. Would you like to retry the connection?)
4. I reinstall LoL, doesn't work. I system restore, doesn't work.

Tell Riot to fix this please... it's not our pcs, it's the servers.

Sgt Major Cheese

08-12-2012

Bump

Ra Energy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2012

Bump

Sgt Major Cheese

08-12-2012

bump

Sgt Major Cheese

08-13-2012

can anyone help me?

Sgt Major Cheese

08-14-2012

http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws....rror%20(2).png
This is the error that I am getting..

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

08-14-2012

Hey Sgt,

Couple things here.

1. This error message is not related to server side issues. Something on your computer, connection or local network is blocking your ability to connect to the LoL servers.

2. A system restore will generally break your install. If you haven't reinstalled after you did the system restore that may be contributing to your problems.

3. Firewall settings are "all or nothing" meaning, if your firewall is blocking your connection you will not be able to connect. The exception to this is that there are multiple server ports, if you have unblocked some of them, you will be able to connect to those but not able to connect to the ones you have not opened. This only applies to your hardware (modem or router) firewall and NOT to the Windows Firewall. If you still think it might be a firewall issue, you need to make sure your hardware firewall has all of these ports available, http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...gue-of-legends

4. More likely, it's some other component like an antivirus software or other internet protection program that's blocking your connection.

Sgt Major Cheese

08-14-2012

I've turned off all my windows firewall settings and opened all the ports on the hardware firewall yesterday and I just tried logging in and it still does not work for me.

Sgt Major Cheese

08-15-2012

been 5 days and this problem still isn't fixed.. you need a new strategy to fix this because the forum posts and the solution pages are WAY outdated.. the forums post about "connection error" and the solutions page are at least 2 years old now.. and i don't think they work...i tried everything you guys tell me to do but it just doesn't work.. please help me or find a better solution because i just want to play league of legends ...:/

Larrina

08-15-2012

I continue to get this error as well, though it began happening to me on patch day and i have tried every solution on the official riot page about it and still no luck!