Some mechanics that would increase variety:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HolyAvatar

09-13-2010

Soft disables:
-On move effects. Example: the target takes X amount of damage per X units the target move. (Debuff)
-On cast effects. Example: whenever an ennemy casts a spell, he is silenced for 2 seconds (uses: counters chain casting and channeling before the channeling begins) and receives X amount of damage. Duration X seconds. (Debuff)
-On hit effects: Example: (Double Edge) The ennemy's standard attack create a nova of sound damaging his allies and himself for a flat number or % number. You'd have to balance the AoE of this. You can also chose to center the nova on the damage dealer or the damage receiver. (Debuff)

That's all I can think of that is not implemented right now. Feel free to make your own suggestions.

AntiHeadShot

Master Recruiter

09-13-2010

sounds like you want dota

HolyAvatar

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHeadShot View Post
sounds like you want dota
The third one isn't even in DotA. It's a PvP game with a limited amount of factors you can play on. Therefore even if some of these mechanics do exist in DotA, I can't see the problem.

It would be a good thing to change from the overused disables : Stun, snare, slow and silence. (I just noticed they all begin with an "S" O_o)

Also, almost everything that is in LoL was already in DotA.

NDfXTKlFxuKSbeRT

09-13-2010

nice

HolyAvatar

09-13-2010

Any other ideas?

Yogtheterrible

09-13-2010

I like it!

Though, recently I've been having the suspicion that diversity in this game actually hinders balance. Example: Malzahar's spells are pretty unique and interesting but there are other spells out there that have the same function but since they are simpler they're of more use.

Corteaz

09-13-2010

Fabulous. You've made me Taric hard when Ez walks into the bush.

dutin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

Interesting Idea.