Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How about instituting a feature from ....someone else..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elbo444

09-13-2010

Everyone bump this tomorrow so Riot actually sees it, they really, REALLY need to implement this or something like it.

RiotBuster

09-13-2010

Thats sorta what happens in DotA perse'.....Riot will never go for it

Pizlenut

09-13-2010

Quote:
FailPatrol:
Look OP, if you are disconnected and you can't reconnect before your 5 min, would you be happy to receive the error message saying you are too late to reconnect and your team already got all your items to sell them to vendors. I would not be happy with that, op. What about you ?

Its rare that you disconnect (or at least it should be) and it should be even less likely that you are disconnected for an extended period of time (even longer than 5 minutes) unless you are intentionally disconnected.

Therefore the "going to probably only ever happen to me once or twice, if ever at all" situation should not be a good enough reason to stop a feature that would be more useful (in more situations) than harmful in its worst case scenario.

Asago

09-13-2010

I think instead of gold it should be permanant buff to the team
like +ho, attack speed or some things, and I have a nice name for that buff

"Blessing of the Leavers"

ZenithZephyr

09-13-2010

You think the community is bad now? Let's make it to where griefing people into leaving actually gives you money.

I'd troll an 0-7 twisted fate into leaving if i was gunna get 1/4 of his passive gold and minion farm.

ShadowDark

09-13-2010

Quote:
Sir Cowdog:
I could see a strategy where a premade team has one person intentionally disconnect in order to give their team an early boost to gold and items and exp or something. You might laugh, but someone WOULD do it.

This would almost assuredly happen. I've run into a few teams in SC2 who do this. Play a 2v2 or 3v3, and after building up a large force of workers, one of them quits. His teammates get all the resources, and continued additional revenue, providing them with an extra boost for either a faster or more powerful rush. It doesn't usually work out too well, but people do exploit sytems where a leaver's resources are divided amongst his remaining team.

Damoklese

09-13-2010

Quote:
ShadowDark:
This would almost assuredly happen. I've run into a few teams in SC2 who do this. Play a 2v2 or 3v3, and after building up a large force of workers, one of them quits. His teammates get all the resources, and continued additional revenue, providing them with an extra boost for either a faster or more powerful rush. It doesn't usually work out too well, but people do exploit sytems where a leaver's resources are divided amongst his remaining team.

Completely different game... with completely different rules and strategies.

This system in one form or another has worked in both HoN and DotA.

Damoklese

09-13-2010

Quote:
ZenithZephyr:
You think the community is bad now? Let's make it to where griefing people into leaving actually gives you money.

I'd troll an 0-7 twisted fate into leaving if i was gunna get 1/4 of his passive gold and minion farm.

Thats cause your an ass. You would troll that 0-7 anyway im sure.. not like you need an excuse to.

Indexus

09-13-2010

Quote:
Sir Cowdog:
I could see a strategy where a premade team has one person intentionally disconnect in order to give their team an early boost to gold and items and exp or something. You might laugh, but someone WOULD do it.

You serious ?

This idea works nicely and tactic like that won't work. At the start of the game you have around 450 gold with no items. After 5 minutes you will hace max 600 gold coins, which divided by 4, give every on the team 150 g.

I doubt this is worth losing one teammate for the entire match.

Glyde

09-13-2010

My computer takes a long time to restart, and with the way the servers are going a hard restart in order to clear the godawful client out to start fresh is sometimes required. 5 minutes is generous, but not enough, and locking people out of the game that THEY want to play is what matters. I could only understand this working is if after the lock-out, the "leaver" could join another game. Best for everyone, right? Otherwise there's no point to this, and it just punishes people with bad luck.