WW build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesot

08-14-2012

I've never had problems with, clear times on him. The problem its that he's fairly useless until 6. His purpose is to learn to jungle, IMO. Reason being is that he's easy to use and didn't require mastories or runes.

If you aren't 30, you need armor and 3 pots. Then boots, then razor.

If you are 30, boots first.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanias1 View Post
One more question, I see monsthatron likes to build up with runes and masteries, but shouldn't I go AS with those? My thoughts on this would be that they would maximize your use of the passive in the early game while jungling.
My WW jungling Masteries look like this:

3/3 Bruce Force
2/2 Butcher
4/4 Alacrity
4/4 Sorcery
1/1 Weapon Expertise
1/1 Arcane Knowledge
3/3 Vampirism
2/3 Sunder
1/1 Executioner

3/3 Resistance
3/3 Hardiness
2/2 Tough Skin
1/1 Bladed Armor

For masteries, I'd say making sure you get Hardiness, Tough Skin, Bladed Armor, Butcher, and Brute Force will go a long way in making sure you do fine in the jungle. The rest, I don't know, I probably don't have perfect, but they're more for after laning phase when you get into fights, etc. and ganks, I suppose. But the most important thing is the 5 masteries I listed here to make sure you have good speed through your jungle route.

I user Armor penetration marks (though I think AD are fine here too), armor seals, MR/Level glyphs, and movement speed quints.

For reference, creeps and jungle mobs have 10 armor and 0 magic resist, so I think you should at least have 10 armor penetration without items so that you're dealing full damage to the jungle creeps from level one.

Also, I find it most effective to start at wolves. Kill the big wolf, then go kill blue buff, then finish off the two little wolves. This saves you a few seconds, and you hit level 2 after blue buff. You can finish the big wolf and get to blue buff just as it spawns.

For ganks, you really need to coordinate with who is in your lane. You need a champion with some sort of CC or Exhaust (you probably shouldn't run Exhaust/Smite, I think Flash is probably best. Flash/Ult covers a lot of distance with WW and really makes for great kills starting at level 6).

Skill-wise, you should level W first, as it adds the most DPS at level 1 to get the first camps taken care of, and then Q. So, I level something like this: W-Q-Q-E-Q-R, then max Q.

Whether you max W or E second really depends on how the game is going. E is MUCH better for chasing down champions, but I think W is more effective to get earlier. Remember, W isn't just a personal attack speed buff. It speeds up the attack speed of all your nearby allies. A 50% attack speed buff on your entire team (plus 100% on yourself) is going to cut at least 1/3rd of the time off taking down a tower, inhibitor, dragon, or Baron.

Also, WW can solo Dragon at level 7 or so (once you have Madred's). The ability to solo dragon gives your team a lot of gold and can put your team at a major advantage simply by keeping the enemy completely unaware of Dragon's respawn time. They key, though, is keeping an eye on dragon's respawn. It takes him 5 minutes to respawn. So as soon as you kill him, check the timer, let your team know how long till next respawn, and start getting there 30 seconds early or so. You can solo him every time after level 7, just be careful not to let the enemy team come gank you and still dragon.

And don't just ignore dragon. A gank might be worth 100 gold for the killer and some gold for the assister, plus a wave or two of free farm for the laner, but Dragon is worth 190 gold for all five members of your team.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesot View Post
I've never had problems with, clear times on him. The problem its that he's fairly useless until 6. His purpose is to learn to jungle, IMO. Reason being is that he's easy to use and didn't require mastories or runes.

And yes, this. He's a pretty easy, pretty safe jungler. He's great to learn the jungle with, but he's worse than pretty much every jungler pre-6. He has to rely on the laner for some CC in order to secure a kill on a gank. I'd definitely suggest playing him if you're new to jungling, but if you decide you like jungling, I'd find someone else who has better ganks if you want to play jungle a lot.

Thanias1

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
And yes, this. He's a pretty easy, pretty safe jungler. He's great to learn the jungle with, but he's worse than pretty much every jungler pre-6. He has to rely on the laner for some CC in order to secure a kill on a gank. I'd definitely suggest playing him if you're new to jungling, but if you decide you like jungling, I'd find someone else who has better ganks if you want to play jungle a lot.
I actually plan on using WW to get good at jungling, and at that point, decide if I want to keep playing WW, or go ahead and buy Udyr.

XCodes

08-14-2012

Quote:
I haven't bought any runes. Anyways, I haven't played as WW in a while, so I'll talk more after I've played him a bit more. Any suggestions for Runes?
This post seemed to have gotten lost in the shuffle.

I think WW runs AS Reds, Armor Yellows, scaling MR Blues, and MS Quints. If you just don't have runes, then you're going to have to ask someone who is better at jungling than me about your starting items. It *may* be Cloth 5 if you don't have runes.

I think like most junglers, WW gets Madread's Razors early for clear speed, but don't think he should grab Wriggle's. Instead, he upgrades to Bloodrazor as a 3rd or 4th item. If he wants lifesteal, then I think he should get it from Zeke's Herald. If you need a gp10, then HoG -> Randiun's is probably the best since WW is something of an off-tank and has little in the way of CC. Beyond that, a lot of the good stuff has been mentioned: Wit's End, Frozen Mallet, Guardian Angel...

Jesot

08-14-2012

Quote:
I actually plan on using WW to get good at jungling, and at that point, decide if I want to keep playing WW, or go ahead and buy Udyr.
That's exactly what I did. I wouldn't say I'm a good jungler, but once I got comfortable doing it with WW, I switched to Udyr and never went back. So much better in every way.

Unfortunately, I really haven't learned jungle with anyone else. It's always daunting to jungle on a new champ.

FlowyS

08-14-2012

build

Wit's End
Spirit Visage
Frozen Heart

Then situational

More offense
Madred's Bloodrazor
Abyssal Scepter
Guisnoo's Rageblade

More defense