Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Armor Penetration for last whisper not showing up under stats tab.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheTiom

09-12-2010

I have been playing miss fortune and i noticed that where it lists my armor penetration it does not show the % armor penetration i have with last whisper. It instead displays 0|26 for some reason. I always thought that with last whisper the left side should have been 40%. My concern is that the item is not working. If it is not working is it just for miss fortune or is it broke in general. Again i could be totally wrong on both acccounts but im fairly sure that it is supposed to show that 40% armor penetration like it does for spell penetration items like void staff.

Horendus

09-13-2010

Iv also noticed that Last Whisper it doesn't display any amour pen in the stats windows when playing ANY hero

Abyss Crown

09-13-2010

Quote:
Horendus:
Iv also noticed that it doesnt display any amour pen in the stats windows when playing ANY hero

Wait, what?

Horendus

09-13-2010

Iv now fixed that post, sorry it wasn't clear!

Tibrogargan

09-13-2010

I think it only applies on-hit (autoattacks) so that it doesn't work with abilities, unless the ability applies on-hit effects. Could be why it doesn't show up in the char sheet.

Horendus

09-13-2010

So does that mean ArmPen runes apply to abilities? sik

IMLOwl

09-13-2010

I'm pretty sure it's because % armor pen and flat amount armor pen are technically different stats and aren't subtracted simultaneously. Also, how can you display it as a flat amount when the amount differs depending on who you are attacking.

Horendus

09-13-2010

Quote:
IMLOwl:
I'm pretty sure it's because % armor pen and flat amount armor pen are technically different stats and aren't subtracted simultaneously. Also, how can you display it as a flat amount when the amount differs depending on who you are attacking?

Because all the stats have room for a flat and a percentage value. The ArmPen will get a flat value from runes and masteries but the percentage value is never updated when you buy LW.

Crit items change the percentage values!

IMLOwl

09-13-2010

Quote:
Horendus:
Because all the stats have room for a flat and a percentage value. The ArmPen will get a flat value from runes and masteries but the percentage value is never updated when you buy LW.

Crit items change the percentage values!

Because +15% crit chance is +15% crit chance no matter who you are attacking...

Morde has 150 armor. Ashe has 80 armor. 40% of those numbers won't yield the same result, so it's pointless to express it as a flat amount in your champion info.

PhantomChaos

09-13-2010

Last Whisper is special because it only applies the 40% Armor Penetration to Auto-Attacks, NOT to abilities, which is why it does not appear on the stat screen, because it's not the proper percentage Armor Penetration. Normally, both static and percentage Penetration, regardless of Armor or Magic Penetration, applies on your abilities as well. Last Whisper does not.