AP champs always getting nerfed (except annie of course)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vrael27

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galifrey View Post
Incorrect. Sure there are a few that can burst bruisers down so to speak (Leblanc, fizz maybe) but all they need is a little magic resist and that shuts down any hope of an AP champ killing them. Once they've used all of their abilities though if the enemy champ is still alive then you are dead no matter how much life they have left. I'm talking about if you have 2 champs facing off on equal ground, equal level, equal feed, the AD champ will always win.
the point of mages are being able to stand off at distance and do dmg, a mage going toe to toe with an AD dps? ofc the AD will win, that is their advantage, if they couldn't do this then mages would be op, now, who would win if 2 strong AD champs are facing off, when Xerath in the bush near by demolishes the enemy AD... this game is about teamwork, not 1v1, and AD are suppose to be able to face off and close range and do good dmg, while mages can stand off at distance while being very weak and do large amounts of burst damage. and i say this as a mage, i love playing mages. particularly Xerath.

Vrael27

08-12-2012

Quote:
Zhonyas gives you a split second reprieve before death in which you can't move or use your abilities. Sure it counters things like karthuss ult or miss fortunes ult, but inevitabely the AD still wins. You've never seen me play a Mage so your attempts to insult me are useless. You are ignoring my main point, a fully built AP champ vs a fully built AD champ will always lose, unless you have a stun or flash to save you.
and basically all mages DO have a stun/flash or someway to getaway, or immobilize the enemy, another reason mages can go toe to toe with AD, they stand at dist and do dmg, whether u are a veigar, stunning and using ur mortar, or xerath, using extreme dist to destroy the enemy, or even karthus, harassing with lay waste and then when they come to kill u, u simply turn on defile, lay wall of pain and spam lay waste while they're slowed, then if they get away, PENTA KILL with requiem (lol exageration on the penta). although i did get 3 triple kills one game with karthus.

BerserkInferno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2012

Quote:
I always love how whenever an AP champ is released that can stand toe to toe with an AD champ they automatically nerf them (i.e. Zyra.) Oh Zyra can actually stand up to a Xin and live? NERF!!! This game is so pathetically overbalanced for AD champs it's a joke. AP champs should have at least a LITTLE chance to stand up to a pure AD champion. Sure you can build armor but at the expense of ANY damage you may do. It's frustrating and irritating as someone who likes Mage characters. Think about it if this was real life... Which would hurt worse? A knife or a giant fire ball to the face? I'm thinking the fire ball to the face would probably do more damage.
THIS game is overbalanced for AD champions? Have you played dota?

Vrael27

08-12-2012

omfg, there is no point in reasoning with this guy, u just thing that it's all sooo unfair, yet the millions of people that play LoL disagree with u, just stfu, u don't know what u are talking about, yes an ADC can come up and pulverize an APC except... oh ye, A GOOD MAGE ISN'T GONNA LET A ****ING ADC COME UP AND DESTROY HIM! what makes an APC an APC is the fact that they can sit back at a safe distance and do tons of burst dmg, while the ADC must come up close to do any dmg, except maybe one of their abilities... so just stfu and troll some other game.

Reidenki

08-12-2012

Quote:
. My fireball knife analogy was meant to a simple picture of what I'm talking about. The fact that you resort to petty insults and the fact that you took the time and energy to google all the useless garbage you posted proves to me you aren't even worth talking to.
Your ostrich-head-in-the-sand attitude doesn't make me or anyone else disagreeing with you wrong. It just makes you look like a child. My making sure my information is correct before I speak apparently puts me on a level of discourse you seem to find offensive, which is a you problem. If more people took the time to make sure their information was accurate instead of vomiting disgustingly false hyperbole for the sake of hiding their position's inaccuracy, we'd actually have a real discussion. Your method just opens you to flaming.

Dynasaurus

08-12-2012

OP is correct though. AD will always be more powerful because they can auto attack more often than an AP champ can cast their spells.

The fact that most AP champs have to aim their skills and also the fact that they are useless if they build defense only helps to further their inferior posistion as champions.

Lifesteal is also more sustainable than spell vamp as once an AP champ has unloaded they skills onto an AD champ they can simply heal the damage and the AP champ is left useless until their spells come back off cooldown.

Has always frustrated me that RIOT prefers to reward mindless autoattacking as opposed to the use of spells which require skill and practice to aim.

Bungboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastar13 View Post
OP is correct though. AD will always be more powerful because they can auto attack more often than an AP champ can cast their spells.

The fact that most AP champs have to aim their skills and also the fact that they are useless if they build defense only helps to further their inferior posistion as champions.

Lifesteal is also more sustainable than spell vamp as once an AP champ has unloaded they skills onto an AD champ they can simply heal the damage and the AP champ is left useless until their spells come back off cooldown.

Has always frustrated me that RIOT prefers to reward mindless autoattacking as opposed to the use of spells which require skill and practice to aim.
You are not supposed to 1v1 a bruiser as an AP, period. That is how this game is supposed to work. I don't see how that is unbalanced. The whole point of bruisers is that they can easily slaughter the mages and AD carries. There is little more to their role. Mages generally bring cc and more bursty ranged damage to their teams. If the ADC gets into a mage's range, they will get bursted down and killed before the ADC can kill them. While at the same time, most mage champs try to use their utilities to help prevent their ADC from dying.
And like someone said earlier in the thread, mages are much more powerful early game while auto attackers are stronger lategame. If you don't believe that then think about this. After a mage champ has ranked their most damaging skill to 5, they're at their peak of power in the game. They get free damage for having it leveled up. As the game progresses, base spell damage matters less and more AP and spell pen matters more because players start having the gold income to afford MR. And also spells don't work on turrets. Auto attacks do. You need AD to kill structures. Lich bane helps a lot with this, but not all mages build it. Once the game progresses into lategame, the AD champs carry the game because they are the ones who do the most damage to structures. You want them to be the last ones alive so they can keep pushing the objectives.

Extremeasaurus

08-12-2012

I didn't know building zhonya's was building armor at the expense of damage.

Nerethos

08-12-2012

You clearly don't pay much attention to release notes. Zyra is getting nerfed because she is broken. when Morello comes out and straight says "yeah we ****ed up, she is kind of OP" then you know a champion deserves a nerf. She was too safe in lane and too bursty for a mage that had quite a bit of decent sustain in terms of damage.

ninbushido

08-12-2012

That's why your ranged AD carry, as well as the rest of your team, exists.