Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


AP champs always getting nerfed (except annie of course)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galifrey

Member

08-12-2012

I always love how whenever an AP champ is released that can stand toe to toe with an AD champ they automatically nerf them (i.e. Zyra.) Oh Zyra can actually stand up to a Xin and live? NERF!!! This game is so pathetically overbalanced for AD champs it's a joke. AP champs should have at least a LITTLE chance to stand up to a pure AD champion. Sure you can build armor but at the expense of ANY damage you may do. It's frustrating and irritating as someone who likes Mage characters. Think about it if this was real life... Which would hurt worse? A knife or a giant fire ball to the face? I'm thinking the fire ball to the face would probably do more damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zephyr Arcturus

Member

08-12-2012

OBJECTION!

Varus and Heracim.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lemonpartyfan0

Senior Member

08-12-2012

Quote:
Galifrey:
I always love how whenever an AP champ is released that can stand toe to toe with an AD champ they automatically nerf them (i.e. Zyra.) Oh Zyra can actually stand up to a Xin and live? NERF!!! This game is so pathetically overbalanced for AD champs it's a joke. AP champs should have at least a LITTLE chance to stand up to a pure AD champion. Sure you can build armor but at the expense of ANY damage you may do. It's frustrating and irritating as someone who likes Mage characters. Think about it if this was real life... Which would hurt worse? A knife or a giant fire ball to the face? I'm thinking the fire ball to the face would probably do more damage.


Xin is a duelist. Dumb comparison. And I would seriously love to see a Zyra beat a Xin.

If you mean, bruisers are tough? Yes. Mages can burst down ost AD carries with ease. Not sure what you are talking about.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galifrey

Member

08-12-2012

Varus and Hecarim are both AD base champs right? I'm not sure of your point...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zephyr Arcturus

Member

08-12-2012

Quote:
Galifrey:
Varus and Hecarim are both AD base champs right? I'm not sure of your point...


They nerfed Varus severely shortly after he came out (Mostly because people abused him in ranked games, though, isn't that the same reason they nerf alot of champions?), and the same with Heracim.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galifrey

Member

08-12-2012

Quote:
**********fan0:
Xin is a duelist. Dumb comparison. And I would seriously love to see a Zyra beat a Xin.

If you mean, bruisers are tough? Yes. Mages can burst down ost AD carries with ease. Not sure what you are talking about.


Incorrect. Sure there are a few that can burst bruisers down so to speak (Leblanc, fizz maybe) but all they need is a little magic resist and that shuts down any hope of an AP champ killing them. Once they've used all of their abilities though if the enemy champ is still alive then you are dead no matter how much life they have left. I'm talking about if you have 2 champs facing off on equal ground, equal level, equal feed, the AD champ will always win.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galifrey

Member

08-12-2012

Quote:
Zephyr Arcturus:
They nerfed Varus severely shortly after he came out (Mostly because people abused him in ranked games, though, isn't that the same reason they nerf alot of champions?), and the same with Heracim.


Yeah sometimes there are generally OP champs released, but most of the time it's simple people haven't figured out how to counter them yet. Still they whine "ooooh they are so OP!!!" instead of playing a few matches against them and figuring out their weaknesses. Zyra is only OP if someone is stupid enough to stand between her seeds and get caught in her plants. Just step on the ****ed seeds and she doesn't do much. Usually when riot keeps tweaking champs they end up ruining them (i.e. eve... She's pretty much useless now, and her stealth passive is a huge joke...).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lemonpartyfan0

Senior Member

08-12-2012

Quote:
Galifrey:
Incorrect. Sure there are a few that can burst bruisers down so to speak (Leblanc, fizz maybe) but all they need is a little magic resist and that shuts down any hope of an AP champ killing them. Once they've used all of their abilities though if the enemy champ is still alive then you are dead no matter how much life they have left. I'm talking about if you have 2 champs facing off on equal ground, equal level, equal feed, the AD champ will always win.


No ... just no .... Conversely... an AP can build armor against ad champions ... lmao ZHONYAS? HELLO? hahaahahaha what a joke. Sorry you are a bad mage ... The carries job is to kill Mages so they don't 1 combo someone and make it a 4v5 in seconds. On the other hand, mages are supposed to 1 combo the carries..... I don't know which mages you play ... but....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1b1ac1a18c7b4f6305ef8

Senior Member

08-12-2012

try to kill a leblanc with xin ... you have about 0.25 seconds before you die


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galifrey

Member

08-12-2012

Quote:
**********fan0:
No ... just no .... Conversely... an AP can build armor against ad champions ... lmao ZHONYAS? HELLO? hahaahahaha what a joke. Sorry you are a bad mage ... The carries job is to kill Mages so they don't 1 combo someone and make it a 4v5 in seconds. On the other hand, mages are supposed to 1 combo the carries..... I don't know which mages you play ... but....


Zhonyas gives you a split second reprieve before death in which you can't move or use your abilities. Sure it counters things like karthuss ult or miss fortunes ult, but inevitabely the AD still wins. You've never seen me play a Mage so your attempts to insult me are useless. You are ignoring my main point, a fully built AP champ vs a fully built AD champ will always lose, unless you have a stun or flash to save you.