Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Miss Fortune: The Misfortune of Going Against Miss Fortune.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gorocreep

09-13-2010

Nashor's Tooth is quite expensive for the first item. But I do like the rest

SassyBat

09-13-2010

Quote:
gorocreep:
Nashor's Tooth is quite expensive for the first item. But I do like the rest

Most good items are around 1500-2500 anyway.
2465 for Nashor's Tooth isn't terrible but yes a little pricey. However, in early game it rarely is a problem to get gold unless being EX/gold blocked by the other team. Also, this being her first item will make her suddenly kick some major ass in the beginning of the game and continue to be beneficial throughout.
I think it would definitely be worth the wait.

@ Allivian: What lvl are you usually able to get Nashor's Tooth?

Kaiyote

09-13-2010

Tooth also has two decent items it builds from too. Getting book first should give ya enough AP for MiR to kill caster minions outright if you return to buy it and boots on the first trip. In theorycraft anyway, AP might be worth trying in a practice game.

I The Architekt

09-13-2010

Quote:
Lyn Voxsven:
Most good items are around 1500-2500 anyway.
2465 for Nashor's Tooth isn't terrible but yes a little pricey. However, in early game it rarely is a problem to get gold unless being EX/gold blocked by the other team. Also, this being her first item will make her suddenly kick some major ass in the beginning of the game and continue to be beneficial throughout.
I think it would definitely be worth the wait.

@ Allivian: What lvl are you usually able to get Nashor's Tooth?

I skip boots sometimes so I get it at around level 8
Adding about 1.4 attack speed and activating her W gets you to about 2.0 so you're getting your stacks on them rapidly and its adding another 50 or so damage.

Skipping boots isn't a bad idea in fact if you think you can play MF in a defensive way (The best offense is a good defense) her passive is great move speed

I The Architekt

09-13-2010

Quote:
Kaiyote:
Tooth also has two decent items it builds from too. Getting book first should give ya enough AP for MiR to kill caster minions outright if you return to buy it and boots on the first trip. In theorycraft anyway, AP might be worth trying in a practice game.

exactly the book and eventually Nashor's Tooth takes care of her mana problem completely.

Xfer

09-13-2010

I've been enjoying AP MF the few times i've played her. Make It Rain is an INCREDIBLE farming tool that can almost take out an entire creep wave by itself (early game...late game it WILL take out waves). Whats even better is that she can farm that entire wave while minimizing the danger she puts herself in. It's also **** near impossible to push against her solo when she's one shotting your creep wave.

Build has been something like this

mpen reds, mana regen yellow, ap/lev blues.

21/0/9 or 9/0/21 take your pick.

R > E > W > Q

Start with Dorans Ring + Healing Potion. Farm as much as possible, but don't neglect ganks/pushes. Sorc Boots and Haunting Guise to make your ult hurt a ton and get a bit of survival. Next I build Rageblade for some AS and AP to make the passive on W stack faster and deal more damage. Build a Brutalizer and turn it into a ghostblade when you can. Triple pots are great past this point.

I'll have to try Rylais in there instead of Guise maybe, that sounds great with Make It Rain.

edit: I guess its really more of a hybrid MF now that I think about it - but the AD portion doesn't come into play until late game.

I The Architekt

09-13-2010

Quote:
Xfer:
I've been enjoying AP MF the few times i've played her. Make It Rain is an INCREDIBLE farming tool that can almost take out an entire creep wave by itself (early game...late game it WILL take out waves). Whats even better is that she can farm that entire wave while minimizing the danger she puts herself in. It's also **** near impossible to push against her solo when she's one shotting your creep wave.

Build has been something like this

mpen reds, mana regen yellow, ap/lev blues.

21/0/9 or 9/0/21 take your pick.

R > E > W > Q

Start with Dorans Ring + Healing Potion. Farm as much as possible, but don't neglect ganks/pushes. Sorc Boots and Haunting Guise to make your ult hurt a ton and get a bit of survival. Next I build Rageblade for some AS and AP to make the passive on W stack faster and deal more damage. Build a Brutalizer and turn it into a ghostblade when you can. Triple pots are great past this point.

I'll have to try Rylais in there instead of Guise maybe, that sounds great with Make It Rain.

edit: I guess its really more of a hybrid MF now that I think about it - but the AD portion doesn't come into play until late game.

With Rylai's you're getting to a 75% slow.
Absolutely great if you want to pick-up stragglers from a team fight,.

I The Architekt

09-14-2010

Bump. Anyone have anything to add?
Suggest my guide to be posted on the other board please.

gorocreep

09-16-2010

I have a question. Is the ULT based on magic damage or phisical? My question is because it would define if we should go for, lets say Bloodthirster or somehitng lese that gives a lot of ability damage

Shinôby

09-16-2010

fail MF is fail, AP MF is fail, 2+2=4