Calling roll in champ select means ****!

1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bus Driver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
Fully support OP. READ THE SUMMONERS CODE PPL.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/articl...Summoners_Code

Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If you’re the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn’t already been filled.If everyone’s picked and something stands out as a deficiency in your team composition, try asking for another player to fill the gap, or change roles to embrace that responsibility yourself. Remember, that by taking on a role you don’t normally play, you’ll learn more about unfamiliar champions and increase your own skill level.
What you just said is completely contradictory to what OP is saying. You just said to ask someone else to fill the gap, which means you could in fact ask to switch with GoldQuest for roles.

Edit: GoldQuest, you can get away with anything at your elo, which is unknown since you're unranked. Just bs and win ;_;


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demolishonor

Member

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldQuest View Post
ppl that get in game then go MID, or adc, then expect to get it when 4th and 5th pick and if they dont get it troll. Im here to clear the air!

If ur 4th and 5th pick and the 1st pick wants a roll u want DEAL WITH IT ! Choose a different role!

Also , who decided that saying, O ITS MINE was a good way to play the game? Last i checked i only here that from my 5 year old nephew? So r u tellen me LOL uses a 5 year olds system on how to claim ownership?

This is getting pathetic ppl. Calling a role in draft pick is not how it works. If u want that just play blind where nobody cares whos who!

Thanks and maybe this will get through!

Sorry but calling roles is the most democratic and fair way to decide, since a team has a higher chance to have first spot this creates an unfair area of role assignment. I've played like this for 2 1/2 years and seems to quite openly accepted. Actually I believe those with your mentality are in the minority and should conform to us.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leonixxiii

Senior Member

08-13-2012

The problem isn't calling roles, that's needed for team comp, but rather preconceived expectations that kill the team building process... Calling a role =/= getting that role. As long as you accept that fact your good... Que up, call it, but don't expect it cause you tried to "claim" it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam Is Whoa

Senior Member

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quionn View Post
What you just said is completely contradictory to what OP is saying. You just said to ask someone else to fill the gap, which means you could in fact ask to switch with GoldQuest for roles.

Edit: GoldQuest, you can get away with anything at your elo, which is unknown since you're unranked. Just bs and win ;_;
1 no it's not a contradiction. But hey contradiction has a specific meaning maybe your looking for a diff word.

2 i didnt write that. Shows how much you know about the game you play. Thats riots 1 rule of being a summoner. Not last rule or amendment its the first.

3 changing roles is only as a last resort if someone cant fill a role. Which in rank SHOULD be nobody. Learn every role and try your best.

If your last pick fill a niche. Its written plain as day. These btw aren't guidelines they are rules you signed off on. So if u break them you can be reported and disciplined.

This argument is over. There is no interpretation and there is no your opinion. You cant rob a bank and claim that you dont think its wrong. Its the same thing here the rule is in place. Follow it. Good day sir.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SilkyRain1998

Junior Member

08-13-2012

we play who we want to umm its a game and we are here for fun


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam Is Whoa

Senior Member

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
The interpretation comes from what the roles of each champion are. Since no champion has a set role and since there is no enforced meta, then it's up to the players to decide. Duo mid could easily be a support in mid. I play Ryze, you play Karthus, and we both go mid. I am someone who snares the foe for you to get the easy kills.

Supports aren't restricted to bot lane with adc. Play Soraka in mid to fuel the mid mana. You're gonna report me for not supporting the way YOU want me to?

Not to mention the interpretation that when someone calls a role, that actually is dibsing it, and picking a role that has already been picked is contradicting the SC. The SC does not limit role picking to lock in.
There are only a given amount of roles. If your team is missing a vital role like an AD champ or a tank that can peel or a support to sustain his team and you pick annie. Well you broke the summoners code and are trying to sabatoge. There is NO interpretation.

Stop acting like there isnt a default meta. Stop thinking you came up with a better idea. Picking a role already picked IS against summoners code no interpretation if someone says ill LB mid then the next person picks cass. Then proceeds to go mid and rage at LB because he "called" mid. Then ryze should be reported and punished.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wyndrydyr

Senior Member

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
There are only a given amount of roles. If your team is missing a vital role like an AD champ or a tank that can peel or a support to sustain his team and you pick annie. Well you broke the summoners code and are trying to sabatoge. There is NO interpretation.

Stop acting like there isnt a default meta. Stop thinking you came up with a better idea. Picking a role already picked IS against summoners code no interpretation if someone says ill LB mid then the next person picks cass. Then proceeds to go mid and rage at LB because he "called" mid. Then ryze should be reported and punished.
His point is that the current meta - effective or not - is not "The Law," and nothing about the Summoner's Code suggests that it is. Read it again.

Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If youíre the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasnít already been filled.If everyoneís picked and something stands out as a deficiency in your team composition, try asking for another player to fill the gap, or change roles to embrace that responsibility yourself. Remember, that by taking on a role you donít normally play, youíll learn more about unfamiliar champions and increase your own skill level.

Everything about that statement is about INTENT, not LAW. The Summoner's Code, incidentally, is also not there to enforce The Meta as The Ultimate Law of LoL. It encourages team play, not suggests that you should be banned for not adhering to The Meta. It's there for one reason, and one only:

To encourage friendly play. The important parts of the Summoner's Code are about language. Not constantly screaming at your teammates. Playing as a team. Pretty much, not being a Giant Flaming ****.

People call roles in champ select because they have roles that they want to play. Generally, people are better players when playing their favorite roles. It's polite and it's courteous and VERY MUCH in keeping with the intent of the Summoner's Code to let them play roles that they want to play, especially if they're polite when they call them, especially at lower ELO where counterpicking is much less of a concern.

Of course, there are a lot of different situations. People who call "mid or feed." People who say "top or I dodge." The type of people who start bursting into profanity for no apparent reason. Those? Ignore those. Those people are morons.

But similarly, if someone calls "mid plz" and someone higher in the pick order goes "**** u im mid i pick first," the second person is an Idiot. The second person is indicative of the horrible, awful playerbase that fills low-mid ELO games and makes ELO hell such a persistent idea. The second person is being a selfish jerk because he can. And that's not right.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mageinta Warrior

Senior Member

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
There are only a given amount of roles. If your team is missing a vital role like an AD champ or a tank that can peel or a support to sustain his team and you pick annie. Well you broke the summoners code and are trying to sabatoge. There is NO interpretation.
You'd like to think there isn't any interpretation don't you? There's no such thing as a "vital role" in the sense you think of it. There are team comps which CONTAIN a vital role, but team comps change depending on the champs. In my duo mid comp, Ryze IS a vital role, because he is the CC for Karthus. Ryze is not trolling, he's doing his job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa
Stop acting like there isnt a default meta. Stop thinking you came up with a better idea. Picking a role already picked IS against summoners code no interpretation if someone says ill LB mid then the next person picks cass. Then proceeds to go mid and rage at LB because he "called" mid. Then ryze should be reported and punished.
No, there is not a default meta. There is a meta a lot of people fall back on because they're as close minded as creationists, but there is no default meta. I have won games with "unorthodox" comps. Why would an unorthodox comp win? Because this is not a game of which meta wins. This is a game of teamwork. And if you're willing to be open-minded, you'll see that teamwork wins games, not roles.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aboy5643

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
1 no it's not a contradiction. But hey contradiction has a specific meaning maybe your looking for a diff word.

2 i didnt write that. Shows how much you know about the game you play. Thats riots 1 rule of being a summoner. Not last rule or amendment its the first.

3 changing roles is only as a last resort if someone cant fill a role. Which in rank SHOULD be nobody. Learn every role and try your best.

If your last pick fill a niche. Its written plain as day. These btw aren't guidelines they are rules you signed off on. So if u break them you can be reported and disciplined.

This argument is over. There is no interpretation and there is no your opinion. You cant rob a bank and claim that you dont think its wrong. Its the same thing here the rule is in place. Follow it. Good day sir.
You shouldn't be forced into playing a role BECAUSE you are the last pick. In draft mode (ranked OR normal) there should be serious discussion before any picks (like during the bans). If my team gets all the comps filled out, and Player A doesn't communicate, insta-locks something we already discussed as being taken, I will report that player for failure to communicate with the team.

Last pick doesn't mean worst pick. Your strongest pick SHOULD be your last pick. If you deny that out of selfishness, you are hurting the team and I will report you. Same goes for Tribunal. If I see this, I will punish any day.

This does not however, mean that you should play what you called as a last pick. If your team is filled with scrubs that insta-lock everything, fill the gap in your team. There is definitely some interpretation to this though... That's why we have Tribunal, because no rules are so set in stone that one person can decide whether or not it was a bannable offense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam Is Whoa

Senior Member

08-13-2012

By the posts I see you all would be considered trolls in games. You say "theres no meta" and " there are no roles " and "no default meta". When you pick shaco mid you win? No. Because he is not strongest there. Roles and positions have ideal champs not matter how much you want to be a rebel.

So because of tHe design of the game and the design of champs there is a default way toplay. Do other ways work yea. Sure. Can you win with more than 2 in a lane yea is it ideal no. In solo queue there is no flexible room for lets try this out nonsense. Want to do weird things go blind pick or play teams.

In draft pick its about counter picking and that will not ever include you playing jungle veiger. You quote the SC and then disregard it and say its not important but language is. Rule one is just as important as rule 5. You pointing out the word try is semantics. So ....because it says TRY to help your team you have an excuse not to? No you dont.

You dont HAVE to play a role your bad at but its up to you to say what your not good at. Not what you want to play. If you join as last pick and say "top" but nothing else. It does not mean you get to play top. Do you go on a roller coaster last in line and call "front row". No because you are last in line you sit in the back. Or you "Dodge" and hope you get front seat when the coaster comes back.

The forums may agree with you "meta rebels" but try to play a ranked game as last pick and say "top, called it". You wont get it 75% of the time. And be prepared to be reported for picking nasus top when you already have a rumble.

OP is right. Calling a position means nothing as last 2 picks. Stop playing ranked if you only know 1 role. Because there is a meta and there is a optimal way to play. Whether you like it or not.


1234567 ... 13