Calling roll in champ select means ****!

12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cha Shin Hoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

08-12-2012

always call support -> always get your role

problem solved

KnightxSScarlett

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ŖoŖ View Post
always call support -> always get your role

problem solved
Actually I fight people for support because I'm the only one who seems to know my job. Too many people think support is just heal and pop a ward out. Support is NOT that simple. In fact, I'd argue that support is the HARDEST role to play effectively. You'll note that those that play support and play it well actually "carry" their team through sheer number of assists. My KDA on Lulu is 4.5:1 (not saying that I'm a pro, but I am good at what I do) and that's what you want to see on supports. Supports carry teamfights, and I want to win those key teamfights

Nesious

08-12-2012

Yes, go first pick mid then get counter picked and feed 0/13 while I counter pick top and go 8/0. Have fun

AJStarhiker

08-12-2012

If I'm playing draft, I'll call out to *not* play jungle. My preference is usually support and I'm mostly adaquate with the other positions.

In jungle, I just don't have much experience and usually get raged at for being noob instead advice on improving. I'd sign up for LoL University for help, but I have a tabletop game when they usually have the advanced classes.

Sam Is Whoa

08-12-2012

Fully support OP. READ THE SUMMONERS CODE PPL.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/articl...Summoners_Code

Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If youíre the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasnít already been filled.If everyoneís picked and something stands out as a deficiency in your team composition, try asking for another player to fill the gap, or change roles to embrace that responsibility yourself. Remember, that by taking on a role you donít normally play, youíll learn more about unfamiliar champions and increase your own skill level.

KnightxSScarlett

08-12-2012

The summoner's code does *not* enforce the meta. If you pick mid and I decide we're going to duo mid, that's not me being a troll. That's me doing something different from the meta that I personally feel is beneficial for the team.

So no, you don't have to follow the meta. Do what you want as long as you're good at it. I trust that my allies want to win just as much as I do. Sooooo if they say double jungle, double mid, duo top, or even something conventional like invade, I follow up and do what I can.

Flagrock

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by III Real III View Post
Its your opinion vs someone else's, I call my roll every game, regardless of my pick. I call it because its the roll im best at. Go play ranked if you think que position matters. Oh you got the 20% chance to be first pick ahead of me. Oh snap I better listen to you, because you got the random hat draw.
If I'm on a huge winning streak mid, and I call mid, but you say your mid because you pick before me, were gonna have two mids. I agree with Contesso. Random hat draw doesn't decide your pick.
The way the system works at the moment is the highest elo person is at the top of the draft and the lowest is at the bottom. So it's not random, it's based off of your "skill" = elo.
Quote:
First pick isn't a privilege, it's a responsibility. You need to grab a neutral pick in a role that your team needs.

Remember you can trade, so if someone wants, say, Jungle Udyr, you can say "Do you have Darius? if you pick Darius for me I'll pick you Udyr." and then you can trade. That will result in them getting a champ they're strong in, you getting a champ you're strong in, and the enemy not counter picking you.

Or you can instalock Darius, and have the enemy team last pick Kayle Top and Jungle Alistar, and you just feed the whole game.
A) this is assuming they have the champ you want/play.
B) this is assuming they'll actually TRADE with you in a pug where you don't know the people
C) Yes you SHOULD counter-pick, but at lower elos (under like 1400) counter-picking isn't that huge. Most people don't understand how to do it and it is better to play your strongest champ than to try and counter-pick with someone you rarely play.
I wish the world worked where people would actually trade, but support and jungler at the 2 hardest counter-pick things and guess what, no one will trade for a support, and most everyone will be calling top or mid the instant you get in so trading really doesn't happen unless you want to jungle. I wish the world was perfect and nice, but it's not.

Sam Is Whoa

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by III Real III View Post
Its your opinion vs someone else's, I call my roll every game, regardless of my pick. I call it because its the roll im best at. Go play ranked if you think que position matters. Oh you got the 20% chance to be first pick ahead of me. Oh snap I better listen to you, because you got the random hat draw.
If I'm on a huge winning streak mid, and I call mid, but you say your mid because you pick before me, were gonna have two mids. I agree with Contesso. Random hat draw doesn't decide your pick.
That green check mark under your name means your contradicting yourself. First rule of the summoners code states that if your last pick you fill a role not chosen. Its clear and in writing that you E-Signed off on.

There is no interpretation of what the rules of champ select is. its clearly stated. So if you chose a mid and your team has a mid and they dont want 2 mid, your are in the wrong and should be reported regardless of the outcome. Failing to follow summoner code is a bannable offense and it starts in champ select.

KnightxSScarlett

08-13-2012

The interpretation comes from what the roles of each champion are. Since no champion has a set role and since there is no enforced meta, then it's up to the players to decide. Duo mid could easily be a support in mid. I play Ryze, you play Karthus, and we both go mid. I am someone who snares the foe for you to get the easy kills.

Supports aren't restricted to bot lane with adc. Play Soraka in mid to fuel the mid mana. You're gonna report me for not supporting the way YOU want me to?

Not to mention the interpretation that when someone calls a role, that actually is dibsing it, and picking a role that has already been picked is contradicting the SC. The SC does not limit role picking to lock in.

Bus Driver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldQuest View Post
ppl that get in game then go MID, or adc, then expect to get it when 4th and 5th pick and if they dont get it troll. Im here to clear the air!

If ur 4th and 5th pick and the 1st pick wants a roll u want DEAL WITH IT ! Choose a different role!

Also , who decided that saying, O ITS MINE was a good way to play the game? Last i checked i only here that from my 5 year old nephew? So r u tellen me LOL uses a 5 year olds system on how to claim ownership?

This is getting pathetic ppl. Calling a role in draft pick is not how it works. If u want that just play blind where nobody cares whos who!

Thanks and maybe this will get through!
the reason they say what they want to play is because the worst way to climb the ladder is to play support, which is probably what youre hinting at. Also that is probably the position the person is most comfortable and best at playing, you could just be a nice person and once in a while let someone else do what they wanna do instead of being a stuck up ****** bag.

12345612 ... 13