[Remake] Karnstein, The Malice of the Forgotten

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krìn

11-14-2012

Good news, I got permission!!

Here is the artwork! By Muju.
http://muju.deviantart.com/art/Daily-Hero-1-315589905

Shalebridge

11-14-2012

Wow.
WOW.
This artist is incredible. I'm looking at their gallery. Wow is pretty much all there is to say.
I need to commission this person, seriously. Time to save up.
In regards to passive balancing, you pretty much summed it up with the comment about Riot balancing it should they decide to look at this concept. I dropped Math as soon as I could for a reason. In the meantime, I will reduce the cooldown on her ult.
I just can't handle how good this art is. Excuse me while I make an account just to favorite every piece in this gallery.

Krìn

11-19-2012

Fresh bump.
Also, you should update the front page with the artwork
It's going to grab a lot of attention.

Shalebridge

11-20-2012

Alright then. I'll update the front page with the artwork you acquired until I can successfully commission this artist. It gives a pretty good idea of what I want Karnstein to look like. Thank you for locating this artist, they are fabulous.

Shalebridge

11-25-2012

Good day to you, ladies and gents. A few months ago, I entered Karnstein in a competition to win a voice over. Unfortunately, there are only a few days left in the voting, and it will close on Friday. If you would be so kind, pop over to the voting thread here and post, saying that you will vote for Karnstein. The organisers had a bit of trouble with the polling feature, I believe.
Even if you don't vote, thank you for taking the time to read this.

Kilar

12-12-2012

Passive: I like the idea of this passive but I feel like it could never be used. she could teleport in to any team fight already being won and stand there and then the other team gets punished, just doesnt seem fair to me. but then again alot of champs arent fair mostly because i cant figure out how to beat them (xin zhao)

Q: I like this idea for a Q but my opinion is that the damage is too high for such a low cooldown. I like having a slow but a slow every 2 seconds when maxed seems op to me, any way my suggestion is keep the numbers besides cooldown and up the cool down time.

W: 60% increased movement speed seems like way too much and are you saying that 10-30 damage is ignored for damage higher than that or that if its little damage like that you just wont take damage at all? if its the second option then by end game it will be useless and even if its not then by end game 30 damage is nothing just my opinion.

E: I like this idea alot but in combination with the q you could stun slow and continually slow but it would be quite the deadly combo.

R: pretty neat idea I imagine ghosts popping up from the earth and swarming in on one location. I would say to tone down the killing spree damage but other than that nice ability.

Lore: I really like the story its short and sweet and in my opinion a good read. I am not much for grammar and all that but the idea of the story is sweet.

Overall: I can see you put a lot of time an effort into this champ and it shows. I think you have some great ideas. My only problem is that the abilities could destroy anyone with that many stuns and slows on such a short cooldown, again i am not good with the numbers aspect. But i think you have a great idea going and this is just my opinion I dont excpect you to change your creation just thought id put in my two cents. also the artwork is awesome.

anyway if you get on this anymore and want to review my champion it would be greatly appreciated. I wont post the link just type in Dredger to the search bar it should be the first one, just let me know what you think when you get a chance.

Shalebridge

12-17-2012

Hello, Kilar. So you're the reason Karnstein's shown up in CCFC review thread. Thank you for promoting her.
The Q was a quick idea after Rengar took my original Q, and is based on the slows of Shaco and Kassadin. Perhaps I forgot to change the cooldown. I'll fix that right away.
I'm considering scrapping the W. I had a lot of trouble thinking of a utility that hadn't already been used, like when I realised the original passive was simply a weaker version of Karma's. As such, I am a bit lost on both abilities, and would be happy for input from anyone on improving them.
Now, your custom champion is Dredger, Master of the Earth, I see. I've heard of him. I'll go check him out right away.
Once again, thank you very much for your review, and thank you to everyone who looked at this concept for the 1,000 views. Merry Christmas.

Shalebridge

01-08-2013

Well, Riot has done the soul collecting thing a lot better than me. What a surprise. Still, why didn't I think of that?