[Remake] Karnstein, The Malice of the Forgotten

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AMimicNamedWilo

10-24-2012

Ahh, phooey. I feel just silly now. XP My champion's concept title is very close to yours. My apologies! But to the subject on hand. Her passive seems a bit annoying, since that's a potential of an extra +2/+3/+4 seconds added to the timer of the respawn. It might not seem like a lot, but trust me, the fact it also reduces your allied respawn timers by the same amount kind of means that if she gets full stacks, that's quite a bit more time added to the respawn time. Otherwise, I think you've got a very cool idea here. I'd definitely give Karnstein a try if I could.

I would sort of enjoy someone's thoughts on my design and if it is truly stupid or not - but you really don't need to. I just wanted to say your idea really intrigues me and I'd enjoy seeing it in action.

Link to my horrible in comparison idea: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2714389

Shalebridge

10-24-2012

My word. Two comments in a row, and neither are mine. I've even got to page two. It's a miracle.
Soul Thief was a very quick idea after I realised my innate was a knockoff of Karma's. Yes, I will need a bit of help for balancing the numbers here, as it's not really based off an existing passive. I will lower the numbers right down for now, and fix this up later. Thank you both for commenting, and I will review both your champions as soon as possible.

AMimicNamedWilo

10-24-2012

No rush, really. But you do have an interesting idea here, and I like it.

Shalebridge

10-26-2012

Now is as good of a time as any to bump.

Shalebridge

10-29-2012

What time is it?
Adventu- No, wait, it's bump time.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Loon View Post
[
W[Unshakeable Belief]: Passive: For every basic attack, Karnstein gains [2.5/5/7.5/10/12.5] magic resist. This effect stacks up to four times.
Active: Karnstein ignores all attacks that deal less than [10/15/20/25/30] damage, and gains [20/30/40/50/60]% movement speed for four seconds. Unshakeable Belief's passive is not active during cooldown.
[Cost:55/65/75/85/95 Mana
Cooldown:21/19/17/15/13 seconds
Stack Time: 4 seconds
Damage Negated:+0.25 per AP]

Alright lets say you get 400 AP. Then you would ignore attacks by many champions. So, maybe take off the scaling or make champion attacks and turrets not count.

Shalebridge

11-03-2012

Good point. All right, I'll fix that. Thanks. Do you have a champion you want me to review?

Krìn

11-11-2012

I absolutely love this champion concept.

I like the idea of her passive, but it seems incredibly lackluster in terms of effectiveness. If it were given a percentage scale instead, it would be more effective. It rewards you, and your allies, for having decent amount of stacks.
Makes you want to keep your stacks so your team can benefit. I want the idea that her passive can turn around the death timer if your entire team dies, it can give your team a second chance to comeback, although you will have no stacks on revive. With the current masteries and runes on top of this, I think it should be balanced for a total cap of 40-45%.
This gives you and your team potential to reduce death-timers by almost half, and late game that is a very big deal.
edit: Masteries changing for S3.

I actually have a good concept art in mind, however I will have to contact the copyright owner and try to obtain permission to use it. On the off chance that I do, I think making her a mid-ranged auto attack champion works better.

I like the idea of having her deal true damage to enemies on a role. This can give you a chance to turn the fight around for you and your team.

Love the icons, I'll have to browse that site myself.

Shalebridge

11-12-2012

Hello Krin.
My main concern with her passive is not her own team, but the enemy team. If the percentage is too high, the enemy team would just get aggravated and the game wouldn't be any fun for them. On the other hand, at the top rank of a whole 3 seconds, you are correct in assuming it isn't effective in the late game. I will take on your advice and change the time to percentages, if only to match the Good Hands mastery.
Thank you for your input, and I'm glad you like the champion.

Krìn

11-14-2012

I think it can be balanced even further with percentage scaling.

Lets say the passive has a range on it. This prevents it from being a global passive, and losing stacks when allies die far away (I'm assuming a stack can be lost upon Allies death). This makes it somewhat balanced so it's not overpowered, like some global passives are. <cough> Janna <cough>

Now what happens during a teamfight? Lets say one or two of your allies die during the fight, but you live. You lose 2 stacks, if you have them, and your allies benefit from the death timer reduction.

The issue I see is like..... if Karnstein were to die first in the fight, your allies don't necessarily benefit from the passive anymore. You died, and therefore lost your stacks. That's more of a balance issue I think Riot could play around with.

So what about the total death timer reduction?
Well right now players who stack masteries and runes can have a total of 25% reduction.
Quintessence of Revival give 5% for each rune, for a maximum of 15%. Good Hands mastery reduces the timer by 4 / 7 / 10% depending on how many points are given.

The total death timer formula isn't known, so it's hard to be exact when and how much the duration is going to be. With the way you currently have the passive setup, allies may benefit from an additional 1.25 / 2.5 / 3.75%. This increases the maximum to 28.75%, which is an odd percentage. Still helpful nonetheless.

It's kind of hard to know how much of an impact this would have, based on any number we throw at it. Riot would understand the balance of numbers should they decide to look at it.

Lets say you increase the total passive duration to 5%, and make it scale per level. This means 5% divided by 18 is 0.27 percent per level. The total possible reduction is now 30% with all runes and masteries, assuming people stack it that far anyway. Edit: Maybe you start at 0.75%, and gain .25% per level. So at level 2 you have 1%, and it evens out at level 18 for 5%.

So late game, lets say your death timer is 60 seconds.With 30% reduction, the timer is reduced by 18 seconds, totaling now at 42 seconds.
If allies don't have any reduction, and only gain the 5% total, they are only getting 3 seconds off their timer. Hmmmm... still seems low, I'm trying to think of a way to increase the numbers....

The thing is that would only benefit one person, so to speak. Individual death timers would be calculated based upon what runes and masteries they have, along with any benefit they might gain from this passive.

Edit: In the mean time, I'm going to try and contact the artist I talked about earlier. I think the concept art would be perfect. Hopefully I get the permission!
Also the cooldown on her ultimate seems very high, especially if it's a single target ability. This I think can be reduced.