1920x1200 disadvantage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1ST BLO0D

08-11-2012

Hi

If you play at 1920x1200 the fog of war area is larger so you see less of the map.

See below screenshot

screenshot animated

Trendy Ideology

08-11-2012

The fu...

I play at that resolution.

Never knew.

Well, I play at a custom resolution. I have the screen partway across two monitors (not entirely because then my champ would be in the middle spot between monitors, but like 1.5 monitors wide) so not sure if I'm having the same issue, but, if I am, consider me offended retroactively.

Seprest

08-12-2012

That is terrible, the minions are in completely different places. Get some real proof that doesn't have other units with vision moving all around ffs!

Also, you seem to see MORE at 1920x1200, as you can see more towards bot lane.

Runieux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2012

The guy above me gets it. The minions in that pic are affecting sight.

Resent

08-13-2012

The minions are changing your view, not your resolution.
The HUD change is just aspect ratio in the picture.

1ST BLO0D

09-18-2012

well i would of expected you to see more at 1920x1200, but you actually see less.... to acheive the 16:10 they use the 16:9 and crop the sides.

Nidaros

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ST BLO0D View Post
well i would of expected you to see more at 1920x1200, but you actually see less.... to acheive the 16:10 they use the 16:9 and crop the sides.
Hmm

√Čidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

The Field Of View is a static radius. Resolution only increases the additional amount of Fog of War you can see.

Zer0blizzard

09-27-2012

Yeah, the times mentioned in the picture appear to be 2:54 and 4:12. We blame the minions.

ACGIFT

09-30-2012

Yeah, that does seem a little screwy; add it to the stack of "reasons why perhaps a bit more zooming out is necessary." Sure, Riot talks about how they like the "claustrophobic" feel it gives, but in all honesty, who here really enjoys it?