One of my experiences stomping garen:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WarlordLucifer

09-12-2010

So, aparently all the senseless whining is comming back to these forums so I tought I'd share this with the comunity

earlier today I joined a game as pantheon, I looked at their team comp and noticed they had Udyr and Garen, guess which duo of players was in my lane? sufice to say, harassing would be completely pointless, and meleeing would be suicide

What happened during the lanning stages? my partner was amumu, I just told him to chill and play defensively, we didn't push at all and I kept chuking spears to farm from a safe distance, last hitting most of the minions, after I got level 6 I completed my massamune while the enemy duo hadn't gotten any gold at all, probably too busy pushing for no reason and trying to get to us like any stunner+garen duo would do.

I teleported back to base, jumped back into the battle with my ult, they both started to run but still got caught in the AoE, did the little panth stun combo on garen beacause Udyr was already too far away (**** bear)
amumu jumps in to help, we both nearly kill garen, udyr comes back and stun us both, we then proceed to heavily damage him, they both are forced to go back to base or die in a single Q from me, the imediate result? we had the lane for a few minutes while the enemy wasn't getting any XP at all, fastforwarding a bit, I kept ganking and ulting in other lane fights, getting a few kills here and there or at the very least forcing oponents to gtfo, midgame I had a massive advantage over my 2 laning oponents because I farmed a nice sum of gold while they humped bushes and sat around trying to get to us hopelessly

late game I was crushing them both in seconds, dealing nearly 1k damage AoE with HSS alone, obviously, we won that match

why did that all happen? because I changed my normal gameplay to fit my laning foes while they didn't, I could have hopelessly tried to harass them with Q only to have them regenerate all the damage I dealth in mere seconds and lose all the gold I won farming, but that would probably cost my entire team our defeat.
So before you QQ about any champs, ask yourself what the hell did YOU do to avoid that same result you keep getting over and over again, if a tactic does not work 10 times in a row, there is no reason for it to work in the 11th time, just use your brain.

TL;DR: don't blame your l2p issues on the game ballance, trying to fix what isn't broken is not the solution.

0rangeSoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-12-2010

*manamune
you spelled it wrong

also it seems the people you were playing weren't that good
=/
what they SHOULD have done is the follows:
hid in the bushes, effectively zoning you and forcing you back while ONLY last hitting minions and not pushing the lane

if they had done that properly i doubt you would have gotten as many last hits with spear shot
since if you walked near the buDEMACIAAAAAAAAAAA SPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSP INSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPIN SPINSPIN

Prosecutor Godot

09-12-2010

I'd love to meet that AoE stunning Udyr.

WarlordLucifer

09-12-2010

NO
U

ITT we never spell dat item right

WarlordLucifer

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehn00bsauce View Post
*manamune
you spelled it wrong

also it seems the people you were playing weren't that good
=/
what they SHOULD have done is the follows:
hid in the bushes, effectively zoning you and forcing you back while ONLY last hitting minions and not pushing the lane

if they had done that properly i doubt you would have gotten as many last hits with spear shot
since if you walked near the buDEMACIAAAAAAAAAAA SPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSP INSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPINSPIN SPINSPIN
You only ever walk near the bushes if you are pushing nedlessly, knowing our oponents we let them push and all battles up to lvl 6 took place right in front of our towers, if the minions pushed back a little, we would stay further back at maximun XP sucking range, which is why I said I was farming from afar with pantheon's Q.

EDIT: perfect example of a bad garen
focusing on ganks and bushes, having to move back and forth missing last hits, if you aren't completely brain dead you would never even put yourself in a position where he will ever get within range during the entire laning stage, while you focus on what is important, let him waste his early game advantage them crush him like a bug trough the rest of the game.

Heathenl

09-12-2010

You just said that they let you free farm while they just pushed the waves... Then you got fed... And then you beat them late game because of it. Yeah that game is definitely worth a forum post about Garen's balance when its clear their ****ing idiots and it has nothing to do with the champion itself.

dissonancy

09-12-2010

When I was laning against Garen as Annie, I built Sunfire Capes.
And then I won.

Based God Johnny

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosecutor Godot View Post
I'd love to meet that AoE stunning Udyr.
LOLLLLLLLLl made me laugh
me too

WarlordLucifer

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathenl View Post
You just said that they let you free farm while they just pushed the waves... Then you got fed... And then you beat them late game because of it. Yeah that game is definitely worth a forum post about Garen's balance when its clear their ****ing idiots and it has nothing to do with the champion itself.
They didn't "let" me free farm, garen is purely melee, he couldn't do a thing against me chuking spears from max range behind my minions
those, as you call it, ****ing idiots, are 99% of all the garens who make every single terribad n00b cry on the forums, all they do is try to get to you, and the funny part is, the QQtards keep falling for the same tricks over and over again, thanks for ilustrating the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by altf4ForWin View Post
LOLLLLLLLLl made me laugh
me too
the concept of changing your target must be too much for you I see.

Agronought

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Ive dominated bad players too.... this game is balanced.