Why is the IP gain per victory only 100 IP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orthoclase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-12-2010

it's pretty obvious why they would do this. It's a free game, they need to encourage people to spend money on it. It sucks ass for people like you, who have some other complication that prevents them from using RP. But it'll suck more if all the Americans see that you can grind IP hella easy and stop spending money on it. You think the servers are ****ty now, just wait till they don't have the money to pay their bills.

Cat Eyed Liar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

On my win streak, I used to get about ~200 IP per game.

Stenchrot

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garridy View Post
Unlikely, there isn't really anything that needs to be explained. You get 100 IP because that's just the amount Riot decided on.
I'm not asking for an explanation, I just want to hear their opinion about this. Is that enough or could it be more?

Meowzor

Recruiter

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenchrot View Post
I'm not complaining for the less IP gained if you leave, I think it's a good way to make sane people stop leaving. but maybe +23 bonus IP isn't that much?
I'm at about 1200 games played so 23 ip a game since I have 0 leaves 27600 extra ip. There is the rune page you are complaining about.

morale of this story is DONT LEAVE

Devil May LOL

09-12-2010

Quote:
Yes, I agree, but as I said, this could also help players to buy runes more quickly, and it could motivate everyone to buy more IP boosts due to the high amount given.

also, I don't mind farming 6300 IP for a champ, but flat IP per game could be bigger, it would also take less games to win/ lose and wouldn't be so stressful.
why is it stressful?

Instead of buying yourself lunch today, make your own lunch and use that $10 to buy the champ. There, done. It's funny to me how people can spend $20 sitting through a crappy movie while they can't spend $10 on a content that they could play forever.

Even better, go buy a collector pack and instantly you get 1380 RP and 20 champs.

Either that or grind yourself like how everyone does.

Stenchrot

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowzor View Post
I'm at about 1200 games played so 23 ip a game since I have 0 leaves 27600 extra ip. There is the rune page you are complaining about.

morale of this story is DONT LEAVE
Sure, if you could play 1200 games in one month.

Stenchrot

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXByakuyaXx View Post
why is it stressful?

Instead of buying yourself lunch today, make your own lunch and use that $10 to buy the champ. There, done. It's funny to me how people can spend $20 sitting through a crappy movie while they can't spend $10 on a content that they could play forever.

Even better, go buy a collector pack and instantly you get 1380 RP and 20 champs.

Either that or grind yourself like how everyone does.
I would suggest that you read all the posts first, then actually post yourself.

Meowzor

Recruiter

09-12-2010

Quote:
Sure, if you could play 1200 games in one month.
meh I would just buy and IP boost like I did double IP weekend and take the weekend off farmed 30k ip in 2 days.

or stop buying dumb champs and buy runes its not hard.

Lyov

09-12-2010

Quote:
QQ I had 50k save up before rune pages came out its not that bad.
In competitive play you can't legitimately hope that your 3 faves are not going to be picked (3 is a respectable amount for rune pages- think caster, dps, tank/jungler) it honestly is a waste of time and money to shell out that much for the 80k~ IP for the amount it takes to have a full tier 3 rune set for these... and it also seems pretty imba (LOL armor pen runes)

Stenchrot

09-12-2010

Quote:
meh I would just buy and IP boost like I did double IP weekend and take the weekend off farmed 30k ip in 2 days.
As I said in my previous post, my country has no available option for me to get RP.