Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to counter Kennen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anivian

09-12-2010

My buds and I are having issues trying to counter Kennen since the patch came out, and would like to know how others are countering him. His auto-stun ult is annoying as hell to deal with.

iLikeToSummon

09-12-2010

Mercury Treads, Cleanse, Quick silver sash cleans you right out of his stuns. Morgana's shield is good. Oh and when he ultimates in, don't run, FOCUS HIM IMMEDIATELY.

vicencio

Recruiter

09-12-2010

dont get bunched up around him and wait to engage till after he used his ulti

iStomp Randomz

09-12-2010

I think they need to nerf his ult a little. Don't change the damage, just make it so a silence or a stun can stop his ult.

Anivian

09-12-2010

Thanks. Will try that. We've been starting with mantles, but it doesn't really do much. I take it the neg vote was from a Kennen player?

heprea

09-12-2010

In early laning parts, when you see his shuriken glowing(his skill W), this means that he will get 1 mark on you, so you might wanna stay back a bit and shoot with normal or skills the minions. He will lose precious last hits if he starts waiting for too long for opportunity to hit you with that normal attack passive (w) skill.

His throw shuriken skill (Q) wont go through minions, so make sure you stay behind minions and he wont hit you with it.

Lightnigh rush (E) is escape/intiate skill, there arent too many ways to avoid it, well basicly if u are ranged champ, you wont have trouble with this.. but, for melee this is kinda problematic, havent really thought of ways to avoid it.

*edit*

also, if you have silence on you, if casted on kennen when he starts his ultimate, it will totaly neutralize and make it all wasted.

BlackLordDragonX

09-12-2010

Quote:
Personalife:
My buds and I are having issues trying to counter Kennen since the patch came out, and would like to know how others are countering him. His auto-stun ult is annoying as hell to deal with.

when he casts his ult dont run out of it.Stay in it and focus him down.After all it is only 1 lightning per 0.33 secs not all targets so the chances of getting the same target 3 times in 1 sec is so low when 5 of you are in it.And also he is squishy if you have rammus/shen insta taunt and kill him if you have a stun kill him when he is stunned.its simple but if you run away and only 3 of you or less are in his ult those 3 champs are doomed..

Prosecutor Godot

09-12-2010

Banshee's Veil, Flash and Zhonya's.

Aarku

09-12-2010

Haven't tried this but.

Couldn't one of you play Gragas, Alistar, Janna or Tristanna?

He ultis and then you just boot him across the field to sit there wasting his ulti on nothing.

Crimson Rose

09-12-2010

Quote:
iStomp Randomz:
I think they need to nerf his ult a little. Don't change the damage, just make it so a silence or a stun can stop his ult.

im all for that but only if the same happens for garen.