A Day in Zaun [Open RP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Omicron

08-21-2012

Omi's Bench

Ears picked up the voices of potential customers, "Time to make a sale today!" Thinking out lout with excitement filling him, turning around to greet until hearing another one. "Another one?! I wonder if they've been waiting for me to open!" Now he faced the Chief Acolyte with a smile, although the question of how he knew his name brought Omi to a halt, "He knows my name? Do I know him?" It was quite obvious that the condition worsen since the last time the yordle visited the lab of Viktor's. No longer would his personal thoughts be kept a secret to those around.

"Hello there umm...sir. Did Viktor tell him I'm suppose to be somewhere else? I'm doing very well, would you like to come in?" Averting the eyes away from the other when hearing his name again, it was, "Wyerden," the yordle shouted with delight, "It's the...the...whatever I called it is in his arms! Come in, you look like you need a seat." Opening the door to allow the two to enter and once inside he grabbed one of his nearby projects, the cube. Setting it right behind the old friend, and he snapped his finger where the transformation from a simple shape would turn into a chair. "Take a seat," now that he was settled with the old friend the yordle rushed over to assist the other, "What can I do for you?"

Ask the Herald

08-21-2012

Omi's Bench

Asimov simply chuckled in amusement at the partially mechanized yordle's behavior, and when offered entry the Chief Acolyte nodded and came inside. Looking around at the inside he found that it wasn't particularly exceptional, just good enough for a shop as Omi was attempting to present. "I know your name because you were one of the first to accept the Herald's augmentations.....Until you reconsidered and left. The Herald doesn't hold it against you, however, and if anything he may have already forgotten you even existed. That's why I was surprised to find you still here, in Zaun. Most wouldn't prefer to reside in such an.....unclean state."

Lord Omicron

08-21-2012

Omi's Bench

Tilting the head at the particular remark this Chief Acolyte spoke of, "my real home is up in the north. It's just taking a while to gather up the money to travel up there." He wasn't going to get into the topic about the Herald, that was something of the past. A mistake he had made, but now the yordle would try the best to make it up. "Are you here to shop?"

Ask the Herald

08-29-2012

Omi's Bench

Asimov watched the yordle with the eyes of a scientist, keen for detail, and listened to every word spoken. He would make sure not to overlook any enunciation from his former colleague. "I see. North, eh? To....Piltover, or...?" He inquired curiously, and suspected that Omi didn't want to talk about the Machine Herald. He couldn't fathom why that would be, though he didn't pry into the matter at all. The last he'd heard the smaller one parted on neutral terms with Viktor, at best. "And, perhaps. Actually, I'm....just taking a walk. To clear my head, you see. I am.....admittedly, conflicted."

Lord Omicron

08-30-2012

Omi's Bench

"Our home is in Freljord." Only a smile was expressed on the yordle's face when hearing that Asimov might purchase one of his invention, however he put it away when hearing the about him having a problem. "Conflicted? Isn't he a robot? No, he's not a robot or is he? I wonder if my friend is still waiting for me," a brain dead vampire spoke his mind away like no business.

Ask the Herald

08-30-2012

Omi's Bench

Asimov nodded at the yordle's admittance of Freljord being his home, although he then glared pointedly at the little creature as he stood tall over it. A small flame kindled behind his analytical eyes. "I assure you, my little furry friend, that I'm no robot! The idea that the Herald's Chief Acolyte would be some machined devoted entirely to serving his every whim is simply preposterous! I only serve him because.......because....." The initial passion his voice had just held quickly faded as he remembered why he felt conflicted in the first place.

A certain someone's words echoed in his mind once again, like a broken record. He failed because he was so easily given to satisfaction. He was a coward for running away from his ambitions after just one failure. It dawned on him all too heavily that he was worthless. He had nothing to his name that was his own, just a title that he probably didn't even deserve. He sat back down and slumped, completely crestfallen.
"I'm just......nobody....."

Lord Omicron

08-30-2012

Omi's Bench

Ears that would have folded down against the head were the only true signs that Omi was afraid, however, he had developed ways of showing it with the use of face expressions. Wyerden and Asimov wouldn't know at first glance, but with time it was clear that the yordle regretted saying the term robot. Placing a hand on the chief's knee after his outburst, "You sound just like me when I lost everything. To be honest, I only got these upgrades because I wanted to be part of something. I had grown tired of living the life of the poor, and I was frankly a nobody."

Pulling up a chair to sit in next to Asimov and Wyerden, "I came to Viktor in hopes that the upgrades would allow people to know who I was rather than a nobody. After visiting for my leg change, Wyerden made me wonder what exactly I would do afterwards. I told him something I didn't exactly follow, but I said these things until I meant Endel, my master. It was him that made me really think about what I was doing. I was becoming a nobody, and when making peace with the Herald, I settled here for the time being until moving on." Omi wasn't exactly sure if he had gone off topic, but he just wanted to make a point across.

"What I'm saying is that you're not a nobody. I don't know much about you, but ask yourself this: Do you feel joy in serving the Herald? If you do than why? It might just answer why you serve him."

Ask the Herald

08-30-2012

Omi's Bench

Asimov hadn't intended to frighten or even threaten the yordle, and he immediately regretted his outburst when he saw the effect it had. However, Omi recalled his thought process from the time he came to the Herald until they parted, and the words hit him as hard as the other's did. "I......I......I'm grateful to him. I suppose I thought that the only way I could repay him was to offer whatever services I could to him. He had given me something nobody else could, something that so few could attain. I'd damaged my vocal chords to the point of muteness, and for some time I couldn't speak. The critical error I made in what was to be the concoction that would gain me interest of my idol, Singed, had instead robbed me of my voice. I tried to find other work, but here in Zaun there are few or none who will seriously consider one with such a disability."

He shook his head gently and rested his head in his hands, leaning forward in his seat. "I finally regained what was taken from me, but by then it was too late to pursue my original ambition. I feared that the Mad Chemist would never accept me as his apprentice if I hadn't brewed even a potion in such a long time. So I settled with the Herald, offering to organize his designs and maintain whatever devices he may have crafted but not yet released. All the while I have nothing to my name...."

Lord Omicron

08-31-2012

Omi's Bench

Once an apprentice of Singed had lost his voice, and thanks to Viktor this person was able to regain their lost voice. Omi understood completely of the gratefulness Asimov would pull towards the Herald, the yordle lived through that. Hearing the world again caused him to feel compelled to return a favor at Viktor, however, Asimov was still stuck in that mindset. Not that Omi was going to pry him away from the one who fixed the voice, this wasn't a life he controlled, but rather show the light of ways.

"You do have something to your name," placing a mechanical hand over the shoulder, "it might just take a few things for you to see. If it makes you feel any better I don't carry anything with my name, although some folks remember me as the yordle who almost transformed into a machine. My master tends to tell me I'm a brave one to actually realize what I did, and maybe that's what you need to do."

chemistnarcissus

09-01-2012

Omi's Bench

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1998

An oddly dressed yordle approaches the stand, using his small stature to cut through the passing pedestrians with ease. He's quiet enough to sidle up and begin browsing the goods on display without attracting much attention, though his appearance certainly stands out, even in a place like Zaun. Narcissus tries not to listen in on the other's conversations, but he does happen to catch a few words of interest, especially the name of a certain famous chemist.