A Day in Zaun [Open RP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Tyrant Swain

Member

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
Warehouse District - Abandoned Storage Facility

Viktor simply stares back at Swain, his head tilted to one side in a puzzled manner.

"Change my project priorities? How so? Do you mean weapons along the same line as my Power Transfer and Death Ray?"
Warehouse District - Abandoned Storage Facility

''No Herald. I mean, you will start a new project and it's priority will be higher than the Weapon Production project.''
Swain took a small platinum box out of his pocket, and started walking around.
''No doubt that you must have noticed how mages are easily outclassing soldiers in every field, Herald?
Mages don't need strength or agility, they just throw spells and the world bends under their will, especially...''With great anger in his voice.''...summoners.''


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

Member

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Tyrant Swain View Post
Warehouse District - Abandoned Storage Facility

''No Herald. I mean, you will start a new project and it's priority will be higher than the Weapon Production project.''
Swain took a small platinum box out of his pocket, and started walking around.
''No doubt that you must have noticed how mages are easily outclassing soldiers in every field, Herald?
Mages don't need strength or agility, they just throw spells and the world bends under their will, especially...''With great anger in his voice.''...summoners.''
Warehouse District - Abandoned Storage Facility

Vitkor remained silent as he listened to Swain speak, looking at the box as he took it out of his pocket. He wasn't quite certain what the Grand General was on about, but he listened intently to what he had to say. Finally, he inquired as to what this was all about.

"So how can I help you in this endeavor?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Tyrant Swain

Member

10-27-2012

Warehouse District - Abandoned Storage Facility

Swain got the question he was waiting for.
''Tell me Herald: What is the fuel that drives all mages, that allows them to manipulate the world around them?''


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

Member

10-27-2012

Warehouse District - Abandoned Storage Facility

Viktor looked thoughtfully at Swain, following the question.

"Most would say magic. Which in actuality it is dictated by mana."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Tyrant Swain

Member

10-27-2012

Warehouse District - Abandoned Storage Facility

Look at the cube in his hand.
''Exactly. Now Herald, do you know anything in existence that can drain mana from a living being?''


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

Member

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Tyrant Swain View Post
Warehouse District - Abandoned Storage Facility

Look at the cube in his hand.
''Exactly. Now Herald, do you know anything in existence that can drain mana from a living being?''
Warehouse District - Abandoned Storage Facility

Viktor shook his head gently.

"The closest thing that has ever been made with a purpose similar to what you've just stated is that Drain Out Of Mana machine that Heimerdinger created some time ago, but unless there has been some new announcement he has since halted work on it after it caused an explosion near Demacia."

Viktor looked intently at Swain now.

"With all due respect, Grand General, please get to the point. Every second you waste asking me questions is a second I could be putting into working on this project you have for me."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Tyrant Swain

Member

10-27-2012

Warehouse District - Abandoned Storage Facility

''Very well, Herald.
I am not interested in Himerdinger's experiments.
But there is another way. I believe you heard of Kassadin's void stone?
The little artifact that allows him to absorb magical energy and increase his own speed with it?
Well. I have one here.''
Lifting the cube up.
This stone was found south of Noxus, deep into the mountain, years ago. It drains the mana in a very large radius around it.
And even if the effect is not powerful enough to simply prohibit spell casting, i do believe it can be amplified.
It's inner workings are a secret to me, but you are a scientist, this is your field of expertise.
You are to analyse it, find how it works, and weaponize it, if possible.
If not, it will find other uses.''
Swain proceeds to hand his cube over to Viktor.
''But be careful, Herald. It is extremely hot. It's kept there, inside a thermally isolated cube for a reason. Although the platinum plating might have been too much, even for back then.''

((That's right, Viky. Since the Battlecast Thread ain't going nowhere, I'll start a new Rune War...Or should I say Runeless War.))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

Member

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Tyrant Swain View Post
Warehouse District - Abandoned Storage Facility

''Very well, Herald.
I am not interested in Himerdinger's experiments.
But there is another way. I believe you heard of Kassadin's void stone?
The little artifact that allows him to absorb magical energy and increase his own speed with it?
Well. I have one here.''
Lifting the cube up.
This stone was found south of Noxus, deep into the mountain, years ago. It drains the mana in a very large radius around it.
And even if the effect is not powerful enough to simply prohibit spell casting, i do believe it can be amplified.
It's inner workings are a secret to me, but you are a scientist, this is your field of expertise.
You are to analyse it, find how it works, and weaponize it, if possible.
If not, it will find other uses.''
Swain proceeds to hand his cube over to Viktor.
''But be careful, Herald. It is extremely hot. It's kept there, inside a thermally isolated cube for a reason. Although the platinum plating might have been too much, even for back then.''

((That's right, Viky. Since the Battlecast Thread ain't going nowhere, I'll start a new Rune War...Or should I say Runeless War.))
Warehouse District - Abandoned Storage Facility

Viktor simply stares as he listens to what Swain has to say, and he has to admit what he hears intrigues him to no end. When he was finally handed the cube, he took it with an affirmative nod and chuckled ominously.

"Very well, Grand General. I will not disappoint a man of your stature."

And with that, the Machine Herald took his leave, as the Grand General would no doubt take his own and set out to return to his laboratory.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Civilized Rat

Senior Member

10-27-2012

Warehouse District - Abandoned Storage Facility

"Interesting. They will LOVE to hear this."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

Member

01-04-2013

{{ Geez, this thread has really died out hasn't it? Maybe because of the inactivity of so many Zaunite champs.

But there's a bump to revive it! Hopefully someone does something soon. }}