Need a Support that can "Carry"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bruisey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

Karma. AoE Nuke on a shield with a stupid low cd. (If you have cdr. Which you honestly should.) AoE heal based on flat numbers AND %of missing health. 20~40% Multi-person Slows. 20~40% Speed Multi-person boosts. Yea. You have to be good at positioning if you're going to play her. But it's worth it. If you're going dedicated support. Philo. Kage's, frozen heart, spellpen boots, and wards wards wards. Upgrade into Shurelya's and Morello's tome. (NOT DFG. The active on it will get you killed.)

If your AD is bad at last hitting, and you aren't being harassed too much, use your shield to deny cs.

People don't play her because they don't understand her. That's no reason for all the negativity. :/

Ahsura alGhuI

08-14-2012

Nunu is an amazing jungler and he can basically carry a losing lane through ganks and destroy the enemy's jungler through counterjungling with his double smite and his slows are great setups for ganks and a great way to catch someone out of position

HungryHungryHOB0

08-14-2012

I've had a lot of success carrying as support malphite when I'm fooling with some of my friends. He is not very item dependent and is very good at crushing the enemy carry late game.

Items: fairy + wards --> philo --> Heart of Gold --> ninja Tabi

Skilling: Alternate between Q (for harass) and E (for damage)
Playstyle: With the cheap mana cost on Q and passive, you have pretty good harass. When you get 6, you can start wandering and killing the other lanes. Ult + q + e + ignite = 500+ damage, which is an easy gank kill provided your teammate helps you.

Late game build: randuins, sunfire. Skip sunfire for rylai's or deathcap if you want more damage.
Late game playstyle: Ult + kill carry. Even if you die, your team SHOULD win the team fight since the enemy carry is dead...

HungryHungryHOB0

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahsura alGhuI View Post
Nunu is an amazing jungler and he can basically carry a losing lane through ganks and destroy the enemy's jungler through counterjungling with his double smite and his slows are great setups for ganks and a great way to catch someone out of position
Personally, I'm skeptical of Nunu as both a jungler and a support. Even though he's a FAST jungler and his Blood Boil is extremely overpowered, he's very hit or miss in team fights (more often miss due to flashes/escapes).

Even though his slow is strong and his ult forces someone to waste a CC on him or the other team to flash, it's not as gamechanging as a Sona Ult, a Alistar Pulverize, a Soraka Wish, a Janna Tornado or Lulu Wild Growth :/

summoz

08-14-2012

alistar - the ability to zone the enemy ADC is essential

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryHungryHOB0 View Post
Personally, I'm skeptical of Nunu as both a jungler and a support. Even though he's a FAST jungler and his Blood Boil is extremely overpowered, he's very hit or miss in team fights (more often miss due to flashes/escapes).
Nunu with Kog or Vayne is amazing, but with ADCs that get less benefit from AS he's rather meh

WRT the thread's question, he absolutely can't carry. Even toplane Nunu isn't about Nunu being useful but instead shutting down the other team's toplaner.

KimchiPanda

08-14-2012

alistar's cc is too good at messing up enemies.
sona's ulti gives your whole team an advantage.
and lulu when her ulti is timed well can also have similar effects

Wyvere

01-01-2013

I'm a big fan of Leona. She's tanky enough to take a few hits and keep stunning whoever is going for your carry.

PrfsrChaos

01-01-2013

KAYLE!!! KAYLE!!! KAYLE!!!! KAYLE!!!!!

People scoff when I pick her then thank me at the end of the game but Kayle is FANTASTIC at doing exactly what you're asking.

Why?:
Her ult is a game changer
She deals TONS OF DAMAGE
She farms super easy
She has a slow + teamdamageamplifier that is incredibly undervalued
She shreds defenses
She heals

Even if you're behind, if you can get time to farm minion waves as much as possible when the game is sort of broken down and everyone is scattered, Kayle was made for the late game.

Trust me if a team is down, and you're playing well as her, your saves and more importantly damage output change the game in a big way.

The thing is that the items she needs are not really that expensive anyway, just really look towards CDR and atk speed and you're off to a great start. After getting your wards and philo if you can muster some money to grab a Rageblade, and pretty much anything built from a Stinger, you're in great shape.

She takes a while to learn and get used to, but once you do, you'll see why she's so awesome.

doomed2death

01-01-2013

I'll agree with the above post; I choose Kayle sometimes when I don't trust my ADC to do well.

She can play an onhit build inbetween support items (Aegis+Zeke's and a sighstone is really all she needs). Afterwards, she can build Guinsoo Rage Blade, Malady, Nashor's Tooth, Wit's End, etc.

Later, (and I've done this before) if the game stretches too far and the carry isn't really up to par, completely switch modes into Phantom Dancers, Infinty Edge, etc. I saved a game while our AD Carry was feeding through this tactic."

Even as a support,
Her ult changes team fights, and hence games.
She has good damage even without much farm.
She can push well which is very important late game.
She has a good slow which also amplifies damage (very nice)
She gives MS for chasing and fleeing
Her passive is a free black cleaver of sorts.