Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Where is the Nasus love?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unclephillip

09-12-2010

Nasus is good don't let more people know that.

Great to have on your team, annoying to play against.

Raptamei

09-12-2010

Nasus is balanced. Unfortunately, there are many heroes that are not at all balanced and thus Nasus is strictly worse.

Also, he needs to last hit during laning. In my experience, when you ask your lane partner to leave you some last hits, they either silently steal every last hit or call you a whiner or "l2play". If this results in you getting no last hits and doing no damage, they then call you a noob because you do no damage. Because of this, half of your games will be a living hell.

And that is if they don't make you the main tank.

Camen Sieder

09-12-2010

I noticed a lot of people have no idea what whither does so it fails as an initiation tool and also a counter tool.

Other than that I think other champs play his role just as good if not better without the importance of needing to last hit on your Q to give him a viable source of damage.

Russoboo

09-12-2010

Quote:
Raptamei:
Nasus is balanced. Unfortunately, there are many heroes that are not at all balanced and thus Nasus is strictly worse.

Also, he needs to last hit during laning. In my experience, when you ask your lane partner to leave you some last hits, they either silently steal every last hit or call you a whiner or "l2play". If this results in you getting no last hits and doing no damage, they then call you a noob because you do no damage. Because of this, half of your games will be a living hell.

And that is if they don't make you the main tank.

That problem is made much easier if you make sure the team has a jungler and take mid or the 1v2 lane. The latter requires some amount of cautiousness on Nasus's part, but can be done pretty easily between life steal and spirit fire. All the last hits you can manage!

To the main topic, Nasus is balanced, but it's a sort of Twilight Zone balance. He's not balanced to be a main tank (Amumu, Shen, Rammus, etc all do that much better) and against other sorts of off-tanks/support-tanks he has a hard time shining (Garen and Xin being the golden boys here). When played well, Nasus can be incredibly helpful...but even a mediocre character able to fill the same role can be a similar credit to team.

So, a combination of people not knowing how to play him well, not caring to learn, and aforementioned problems with his farm dependency make average players shy away from him or do badly when they use him: why play Nasus when you can slam buttons as Xin and get a triple kill?

v3rgil

09-12-2010

not in current meta....

Moe Moe Omurice

09-12-2010

i play nasus as an off tank / support character

siphon strike is his only damage ability
wither helps chase that last runner and score an ace
spirit fire... just follow pantheon

use your ult for some extra damage

dogbiter

09-12-2010

wasnt nasus the most balanced champ?

Skytorn

09-12-2010

Super balanced champ, not the subject of frequent patching.

Tank with no hard initiation, frequently ignored in teamfights.

Been around for ages, everybody who's interested is already bored.

The tragedy of Nasus.

MommySheNayNay

09-12-2010

Nasus shines alot more in teams w/ main tank unfortunately in solo q that might be hard to come by. And as a previous poster has already stated nasus isnt a keyboard slam I win champion. You have to be able to last hit well and that's something alot of ppl have trouble w/. And also alot of ppl confuse nasus with other true tanks. Nasus can soak up dmg but his initiation is basically i walk up 2 u. The ability to just soak up dmg=/= being a true tank.

On the side note: any1 know the general concensus regarding nasus and manamune? Since w/ the recent nerfs to Sheen and Trin i've been considering grabbing it instead since i need an extra second or two to get the same number of procs i used to be able to get prior to the nerf

Iceholder

Recruiter

09-12-2010

Nasus is an awesome champion, but he requires good team co-ordination to play.

Nasus has a nuke that, to my knowledge, doesn't have a cap on how much damage it can theoretically do, he has a slow that will destroy DPS champs (or any champ, for that matter), he has an AoE armor debuff (does it debuff MR? I don't think it does, but it's been a while), and his ultimate gives him health, can drain enemies of about 125-175 health (assuming teams have 2500-3500 hp), and he turns that drained health into attack power.

The major problem is that Nasus takes some getting used to. Your team-mates need to know how you're playing Nasus, and they need to be competent enough to know that, while you ARE awesome, you CANNOT 1v5 their team (some exceptions may apply, but ultimately, 5 champs versus 1 Nasus = dead Nasus).
The other major problem is that you need to communicate with your team. Nasus is awesome, yes, but if you can co-ordinate a gank against the enemy team when they're all together, Nasus can easily get or assist in getting an Ace.

@Chibi: not sure of the general consensus, but Manamune is probably a decent item on Nasus, depending on how you're building him. Personally, I'd suggest getting 3k+ mana on a champion if you want to use Manamune.