Champion Bio Updates - Kat specific questions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Steam Store

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulsigae View Post
It's also how the bio makes it seem that all she got in punishment for her initial failure was a scar and some family honour lost. That hardly seems Noxian. A mistake that costs the lives of soldiers? Why wasn't she crucified with her own daggers in public to make an example out of those that fail Noxus? The lost honour appears too much like Demacia (looking at Fiora specifically) and not enough like a city state where if you fail, you fall. Even if you are the daughter of a 'prominent figure.'
great points!

Hollywood Cool

08-16-2012

The funny thing is, I just think Riot is fundamentally clueless as to how to handle the lore of their champions. They want to make it more accessible? The information about the League, Demacia, the Rune Wars, and Noxus are all on the site. I never had a problem understanding the lore, even when I started out. It's a bit insulting to the intelligence of newcomers to assume they wouldn't be able to understand the lore or have the capacity to research a little bit on this website in order to have a better comprehension. Kat's old lore, and pretty much all of the lore is extremely accessible, and it just seems Riot can't conceive that there doesn't need to be changed. I don't know, I guess their staff is kind of like the artist that starts drawing a neat picture but doesn't stop drawing and messes the whole thing up.

In short, if it isn't broken don't fix it. This statement is applicable to pretty much every single one of your non-gameplay changes, from Lux's ult name to Kat's lore.

Stop changing things that need not be changed.

Urbaknight

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkMage View Post
Thanks Kitae. Please apologize our harshness about the lore, but that's our way to express how passionate we are about Kat.
This

RiotRaven

Sr. Creative Designer

08-22-2012
11 of 11 Riot Posts

I have been asked by Kitae to close this thread to focus on the new one.