Ask Diana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask chemist

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Lunari View Post

It is no difficult feat to catch up to you, no matter how fast you run. The night will always follow.
Are you implying that is a good idea for you to chase me? There is being confident on your abilities and there is being plain stupid.
Anyway did your “special connection” to the moon manifested to you during a special period of your live or is something inherent to you?

Nwol

08-10-2012

That's nothing more than murder, there's no truth and enlightenment in killing those who believe in something that you do not believe in. You'll kill everyone who stands in your way and you'll eventually end up just as alone as you were before. It's not too late to break a cycle of violence.

-Tekun Valos

(No worries)

Ask the Lunari

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask chemist View Post
Are you implying that is a good idea for you to chase me? There is being confident on your abilities and there is being plain stupid.
Anyway did your “special connection” to the moon manifested to you during a special period of your live or is something inherent to you?
If that's what you got from what I said, then your chemicals must have addled your brain far worse than I initially expected.

When I was to be executed, I called down the powers of the Moon and was, right there and then, Chosen to spread its message. Perhaps it is something that I lived with all my life, but was too ignorant to pursue it. Or perhaps it was simply because the Solari refused the room for such exploration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
That's nothing more than murder, there's no truth and enlightenment in killing those who believe in something that you do not believe in. You'll kill everyone who stands in your way and you'll eventually end up just as alone as you were before. It's not too late to break a cycle of violence.

-Tekun Valos

(No worries)
If that is what's necessary, then it must be done. Do not think you are the only one to label me a murderer - I have heard far worse, even as the memory of being a Solari acolyte fades. If they cannot accept the ultimate truth, then their lives will be nothing corrupt lies. They will simply go on to spread these false ideals further, until finally, the Solari gets what they want and verity is crushed.

You are wrong if you believe that being alone will stop me. I have known solitude all my life, and I have embraced it. I will not abandon my faith to the Moon, just as it will never abandon me.

AskKarthus

08-10-2012

Quote:
[INDENT]

I was not reprimanding you, lich. I was informing you that no matter how old or how young you are, once innocence is lost, you can no longer be called the same, pure child you once was.

I thought it was implied, but I suppose I should be more blunt next time. While I was born knowing that my place was beneath the Moon, the Elders forced upon me the idea that it was not. The sun may support life, but it can also take it away; as if living is an honor only reserved for those who revere it as the higher power. The sun can dry up water and leave its people panting for reprieve. Why then, should it be praised for giving, when it can so easily take?

The night is to the Moon as the day is to the Sun - the Moon can shine on murderers and rabid beasts, exposing them to the world. But the world does not listen, does it? That is why I am here. To banish ignorant thoughts like yours and to offer people a truth devoid of blinding lies.

But coming from one who does not even seem to have a purpose, I see no reason to cement my faith just for your pleasure. If you wish to argue, then so be it - but I am not here to act as a statue for your insults, and nor will I entertain your snide comments anymore than necessary.
This gets another chuckle out of Karthus.
You seem to be ever on edge.

That is not my purpose here. What I am trying to tell you is that for everything nice, there is a bad part, and for everything bad, there is something good. Your response illustrates my point perfectly. Simply because I point out one argument does not mean I support it. I am without life. Night and day makes little difference to me. What matters is the balance. While you revere the moon, you must also realize that the sun is essential to your lives. The moon glows by reflecting the light of the sun, yet the moon can eclipse it.

Before I ask my next question, I must have you know that I am far more than what you perceive. What is your opinion of Myself, and the rest of Pentakill?

Ask the Lunari

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
Scorn of the Moon,

While I don't have any interest in your "faith" or whatever beliefs you may hold, I believe your prowess on the Fields makes you a most chillingly dangerous adversary. I always look forward to testing my inventions under rapidly changing variables, and your lunar might has provided me with a new set of data that will undoubtedly help me in improving my hextech designs. What do you think of techmaturgy?

Also, I have an inquiry of you on a personal level:

Would you consider allowing me examine your form so that I may ascertain a basic understanding of your physiological condition?

- Viktor, the Machine Herald
It seems to be constantly evolving into an unnecessary necessity for many of those in Valoran, but I have no latent interest in it. On Mount Targon, we follow the old ways and feel that techmaturgy is not needed for our daily lives.

But perhaps it would not hurt to learn more about such a thing, especially considering the introduction of so many.. 'altered' beings into the Institute.

As for your 'examination'.. I'm going to have to decline.

Nwol

08-10-2012

And how does that make you different then someone like Shaco? Someone who kills people because they didn't get the punch-line. Killing your executioners after they were determined to end your life is reasonable...but to wage a war against them all. They are not all like that.

I'm someone who often looks up to the moon at night and finds solace in it. Nights are restless and often it's a sign of comfort. I plead that you do not turn it into something that heralds the coming of war.

-Tekun Valos

Ask the Lunari

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskKarthus View Post
This gets another chuckle out of Karthus.
You seem to be ever on edge.

That is not my purpose here. What I am trying to tell you is that for everything nice, there is a bad part, and for everything bad, there is something good. Your response illustrates my point perfectly. Simply because I point out one argument does not mean I support it. I am without life. Night and day makes little difference to me. What matters is the balance. While you revere the moon, you must also realize that the sun is essential to your lives. The moon glows by reflecting the light of the sun, yet the moon can eclipse it.

Before I ask my next question, I must have you know that I am far more than what you perceive. What is your opinion of Myself, and the rest of Pentakill?
I actually find this amusing, that you would talk to me of all people about balance, and about different parts of a whole. You seem to believe that I don't understand it - I do. It is as you say, I understand all that the Sun offers. You forget that I too was taught all that the Sun encompassed, being born into the Solari. But how can there be balance when the Sun and the Solari looks to destroying the Moon and all it symbolizes? The eradication of the Lunari is proof enough that the Solari cannot be trusted with equality, and the only way the Moon can claim its rightful respect is by bringing down the day.

The music you make sounds like the rabble of Rakkorian children one can sometimes hear from the base of Mount Targon. I will admit that it is intriguing, but I prefer something less eerie and.. 'metal'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
And how does that make you different then someone like Shaco? Someone who kills people because they didn't get the punch-line. Killing your executioners after they were determined to end your life is reasonable...but to wage a war against them all. They are not all like that.

I'm someone who often looks up to the moon at night and finds solace in it. Nights are restless and often it's a sign of comfort. I plead that you do not turn it into something that heralds the coming of war.

-Tekun Valos
He kills for pleasure. I did not smile and laugh when I cut the Elders and acolytes down. There is no satisfaction, but only a grim need to wrong the rights they have spilled onto this world. They all labelled me a heretic, and while they may not wish to kill me, I assure you that all the Solari members would have been present during my condemnation had it been allowed. If one is fed a lie for their whole life, they will continue to believe it until someone sets them free.

I do not see the Moon as a sign for war. But I see that if we are to live a life where our voice is cut from our throats and our pride thrown to the beasts, then it is necessary. I have said this already, and I will say it again. The Moon does not bow to the Sun, and no matter how hard the Sun attempts to hide our cries, we will be heard.

Ask the Herald

08-10-2012

Quote:
It seems to be constantly evolving into an unnecessary necessity for many of those in Valoran, but I have no latent interest in it. On Mount Targon, we follow the old ways and feel that techmaturgy is not needed for our daily lives.

But perhaps it would not hurt to learn more about such a thing, especially considering the introduction of so many.. 'altered' beings into the Institute.

As for your 'examination'.. I'm going to have to decline.
Primitive peoples who have an irrational fear of technology seem to deem it as a threat to the world and the natural order, which couldn't be any more wrong. It is my greatest hope that by seeing my designs in action, and seeing what my augmentations can do for my acolytes, more people - even those from the wilderness - may see them less as a threat and more as a means to better the world and the natural order at large.

Also, I am not surprised. Your counterpart also refused my humble request. I believe she may be afraid of what I might do with such data....

AskKarthus

08-10-2012

Quote:
I actually find this amusing, that you would talk to me of all people about balance, and about different parts of a whole. You seem to believe that I don't understand it - I do. It is as you say, I understand all that the Sun offers. You forget that I too was taught all that the Sun encompassed, being born into the Solari. But how can there be balance when the Sun and the Solari looks to destroying the Moon and all it symbolizes? The eradication of the Lunari is proof enough that the Solari cannot be trusted with equality, and the only way the Moon can claim its rightful respect is by bringing down the day.

The music you make sounds like the rabble of Rakkorian children one can sometimes hear from the base of Mount Targon. I will admit that it is intriguing, but I prefer something less eerie and.. 'metal'.
If you understand what the sun offers, why do scoff at it? The sun itself has done nothing, it is the Solari that have.

As for the question, I meant your personal opinions of Pentakill's members, not its music. You did however, answer a different question of mine.

Nwol

08-10-2012

Do you think that? What of Leona, do you think she would have been there as well given the opportunity? You have a right to voice, to not be drowned out. However. They have just as much right as you do. Your resolve is admirable, as much as I disagree with your views.

-Tekun Valos