Mid-August Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ItsJustPain

08-11-2012

Still no heimerdinger buffs or changes for the better sigh....
link to reasons why he needs changes
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1694858

Zacoly

08-11-2012

I never saw a good Zyra in Dom. I haven't seen an overpowered one yet. Although her Ult did hit a HUGE area.

I'm glad Kat can't be shut down as easily in teamfights but I'm a bit worried about her becoming over powered in lanes and small skirmishes where her ult isn't being used. Kat got a solid all around buff (IMO) so we'll see where that takes us...

I am glad to see that Garen's ult has a longer cooldown initially and a slightly shorter one late game. That sounds fine. I am NOT OK with him moving any faster than Garen already does, soon Jax's leapstrike is going to look slow. I do understand and appreciate that his Q is more about movement and his spin to win will be more damage based but I hope he doesn't become faster and more difficult to harass (or trade harass with) than he was before. the shield change does sound like a good idea, depending on the ratios being reasonable.

I love the idea of being able to attach notes to friends. I was already doing this by categorizing them into different groups (such as Vent or not vent) but this should work better.

Raffles92

08-11-2012

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Garen you will rule once more!

Raslie

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gods pet turtle View Post
was hoping for garen's ult to reset on kill
I dont know why this comment has downvotes, i laughed so hard.

ThridTimer

08-11-2012

what happen diana shes so bursty

BlueXApple

08-11-2012

when does the mid month patch usually come out?

Sirz Benjie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

I don't understand, what are the changes to Zyra, I didn't see any description of them in the video??

About the patch changes. I think lately you've been covering up true nerfs and saying that it's a buff to make people not be upset. In reality, the changes to Garen make no sense. Why would you increase the overall damage on his e, making it scale with total attack damage rather than bonus attack damage. Since it already scales with critical damage as well, if you're playing Garen for damage, your damage is fine. If you're playing him tanky, you have some damage, but not so much damage that players can carry with him as a tank. Now it seems like he has damage on his e whether he's tanky or not. Also, why the hell would you move the cc negation to his q? Isn't that an initiating move?

I'm pretty neutral on the changes to katarina. Since she's still manaless, and is keeping the active effects on her w in her other skills, having a new w is just another source of damage. Adding this without nerfing the ultimate a little bit would allow her to have futher increased damage. However, I am not supporting this, again, just neutral. I see the reasoning behind it, but also thought she was fine the way she was before.

Also I'm disappointed about the last patch. There was a HUGE amumu change in the patch notes, but you hesitated to mention it in the vidoe. Instead, you mention some half a second long change to jax. The changes to Amumu were the biggest change, and I feel you should have showed your reasoning behind that. Or maybe there was none? Just curious for your thought process behind that change. Now he's not as viable as an ap Carry, if you played him as an ap carry, he died way too fast, and if you played him as a tank, your damage was fine. Anyway, enough about that, Thanks for the updates everyone.

P.S. If riot games actually read the comments, they'd realize that more people are complaining than are agreeing. Of course, that's what usually happens, but if you read the rational one's, I think they'd really get some insight.

SpArTaDoJaO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

i need be a beta tester katarina.

Hinata Hyuga Dat

08-11-2012

when it gonna start I need the time

lvl99 Vivi

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskaroth View Post
lol at all the children crying about Zyra nerf. Every high elo/pro player agrees she needed nerfs but "obviously" some random sub 1k elo/unranked noobs claim they know more about balance.
Man you're a *****. Do you actually play other tactical games, any real game other than League of Legends?? A game such as board or paper role playing game where you create an army or a character yourself?

Thought not you vapid little twit. So don't go and say random sub 1k elo/unranked noobs when you dont know anything about anyone.