[OOC] Admist the Ruins

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sapphyrite

09-13-2010

I needed to boost Malzahar's powers, since the "Void" party is heavily outnumbered, you see. Your argument is however, logical. I hope you understand why I need him this powerful right now.

Also, will Kassadin work with the others? I somehow always pictured him as a lone guardian for some reason. "Fight the Void with the Void" type of being.

EDIT - Ok, seriously, can we stop with the "Oh, I was casually dropping by Icathia and met some people" appearances? It's getting ridiculous ~_~

fabe123

09-13-2010

So the plan is that Malzahar sets up traps for the group to slow them down until he is notyfied that the ritual is prepared, at wich time he will retreat to Icathia and finish it while Kog´Maw defends them with his increased powers. Cho´Gath will be sacrificed for the ritual to bring the ,,Master´´ to this world (or they could just be separated since currently they are fused together, so Cho could wander off to find Blitz), at wich point Master will open portals for the voidlings to emerge.

As all of the Void creatures are incredibly OP (imagine thousands of Chos filled with the Void power), especially the Master, I was thinking that Kass should be the only one that can save the world because he would also become incredibly OP, and other ppl would be crushed easily.

pls write if you have any better ideas or have a problem with this one.

P.S. i would like to hear Munchlords idea

Sapphyrite

09-13-2010

Ehm...I would really really like to avoid using Godlike Characters, such as the aforementioned "Master", since godmodding is never fun to anyone.

fabe123

09-13-2010

Then the goal should be to stop the ritual before Master is summoned, or else Void wins

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

Yeah, godmodding is really no fun, but if people have some understanding about what they are doing, then a fight of a large number of weaker creatures against one more powerful one can be fun (been there done that.... 6 times.). That being said, we might want to dodge it untill/unless we're confident in the ability of the assembled crowd to play well and be honest and adhering to the relative power levels and so forth. Also, the fight could be done with the assembled crowd of other champions fighting with the Malzahar, Kog'maw and Cho'gath (and voidlings) while Kassadin and the Master are duking it out in a majestic 1-on-1, with the occasional stray shot effecting the other fights and the occasional attack from the others on the core duelists by the other people when they see a chance.

Also I agree with stopping the "Lolwut I waz in da 'hood" appearances." it is indeed getting silly.

As for my idea, it came from the thought that with the vagueness of Kassadin's lore, he could easily have been the one originally intended for Malzahar's role as far as the Master is concerned, but he chose to turn his back on the lord of the void. The ritual Malzahar knows would, in spite of his confidence, actually be incomplete. Unknown to all but the Master, Kassadin managed to find/steal/be given something necessary for the ritual's completion before he returned to Valoran.

Exactly how events then unfold would partly be up to the RP.

As for helping the group or not, Kassadin will be somewhat helpful, but he'll be cryptic and mysterious and getting a straight answer from him will be just about impossible. Plus, he'll be riftwalking all over the place, so a lot of the time he won't even be near the group. Actually, I planned to go have a chat with Malzahar in a few moments. I bet that'll be a memorable conversation, two half-mad voidmages each trying to convince the other to change sides.

Motas

09-13-2010

So, I'm trying to decide what Kog'Maw's role is to be, am I just to be sacrificed on the way to Icathia trying to slow down the other champions, or am I to be there for the final fight?

I'd like some input on what other people think I should be doing before I go any further and mess things up on accident

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

first of all, Cho'gath is the zergling (or ultralisk as it is now anyway), you're a particularly ugly and deformed hydralisk.

Personally, I think Kog'maw should be there for the final battle, and with Void Ooze-on steroids, you should be able to escape once things turn sour for the voidlings.

Motas

09-13-2010

I was thinking of some kind of Kass vs Kog action in there where in the end Kass wins, but Kog latches onto Kass and explodes on him just as he riftwalks. So they both go into the void, but neither come back out...(ooh suspenseful) (Kass would live of course, but just to liven things up )

Anyways...I think Kog will have to die at some point, but that's just my two cents

I'm also thinking that Kog could reach Icathia before the others and (with boosted Void-powers) could launch Living Artillery at ridiculous distances to try and slow the team every once in a while, especially when in the Voodoo lands where something could happen and Kog should still be able to protect the Prophet

(hydralisk or not, he IS a frigging walking rocket launcher )

IntFam

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockTherapy View Post
^ Can be revived through Necromancy, as I have done reasonably with Katarina.

And yeah, who IS Dr. Rath?
A mad scientist who performed experiments that created a number of champions. I'm pretty sure that Twisted Fate's lore references him directly.

IntFam

09-13-2010

Question! I'm considering joining in on this thread, but I have a question. It states in the rules that a character cannot have the knowledge of a summoner, but is it alright for them to be CONNECTED to one? It'd give me a good reason for a champion to be in the desert when they aren't native to the area.

Example: "Summoner, why have you brought me to this wasteland?"
"Oh, you'll see..."

etc and so forth. The idea of another mind sort of being in the character's head driving them onwards offers me good motivation.