PBE katarina

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-13-2012

Yeah, when she auto attacks a tower it is so grating.

Also, her new joke is just dumb. Can't we have a mix of the old and new stuff? Sounds like the same voice actor -- do the old sounds and new sounds flow together well enough?

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

08-13-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey Stexe, good to see you pop up on the audio forums! We can take a look at the basic attack when she hits towers, should be an easy fix.

As for her actual lines, that's in the hands of our creative/lore team. I can ping them and get their thoughts.

PKPikmin

08-13-2012

I was disappointed in the new joke as well. Make it a third taunt, if you must keep it, while giving her something a little more comical. I see why the dance macabre joke was removed, (If you aren't a beta/early release player it made no sense at all) but it still has to be funny.

DevilNL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

I like the sound off her Q

Gixia

08-13-2012

All of her new lines seem fine except for her joke. It is just SO bad. Her old joke wasn't any good either, but her new one is just awful. Like, it's not even a bad joke in that it's a groaner, it's just... lame.

OckyFlam

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the audio forums. For some context, stuff that goes up on PBE is not always final assets/fully mixed, which I believe might be part of the issue here. We made adjustments to her last week, and I'm not sure they have been reflected in what you guys are seeing there.
Is the Katarina "bamf" noise for her shunpo actually gone? That was the most satisfying thing in the game. The new shunpo just sounds like nothing

LimitlessChaos

08-13-2012

Does she have completely new voiceover/etc..?

As in, she no longer says things like "Your choices please me...for now" and such?

ongelvin

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocoholic96 View Post
Relaunch Katarina (Skip to 1:10):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLZeb8UYjJY
Wow, sounds like she'd fit right into Little Fighter 2.

Brutalitar

08-15-2012

kat was my favourite champion until the sounds of her abilities changed

keep the old bouncing blades sound and shunpo

Zoltu

08-19-2012

I don't like how you can no longer tell when Kat is ulting by sound effect. Pre-patch you could listen for her ult sound effect and time your interrupts accordingly. With her new abilities and new sounds it's almost impossible to tell what the hell she is doing. It's just a flurry of blade sharpening sounds and spinning. I find myself more often than not blowing colldowns trying to interupt her new spin ability and then missing the ult.