@Riot - Tear of the Goddess

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotFarlong

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

It's almost a must-have on a few champions. When it's not a must-have, it's a noob-trap.

I think it needs to be changed, along with the champions that need it so it's actually useful on more champions and not as necessary on others.

I just feel bad because I'm pressured to rush a tear on Ryze when a Catalyst will be so much better in some match-ups just because the tear gives so much more damage and you need to get it early if you want to get it stacked up.

NotFarlong

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

riot pls

ijipop

08-10-2012

i think they need to change negatron cloak, because i deal so much more damage with a blasting wand.
this is all i hear when you talk like this.

NotFarlong

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijipop View Post
i think they need to change negatron cloak, because i deal so much more damage with a blasting wand.
this is all i hear when you talk like this.
You seem to miss the purpose completely. Tear is useless on 95-99% of champions. The 1-5% of champions it isn't useless on NEED it. There should be no item like this. That's Riot's stance as well.

77remix

08-10-2012

I get what you're saying I only buy it on yorick and ryze. Ryze doesn't need for the mana problems but since everything scales with mana it's a strong item. And I'll sometimes build it on blitz.

For other champs I can usually just build chalice or catalyst

NotFarlong

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77remix View Post
I get what you're saying I only buy it on yorick and ryze. Ryze doesn't need for the mana problems but since everything scales with mana it's a strong item. And I'll sometimes build it on blitz.

For other champs I can usually just build chalice or catalyst
Exactly. Why not just adjust those 3 champions so a tear isn't required for them and then get rid of tear or change it so it's useful on everyone? I hate seeing people build tear on Karthus or something similar, because it's 100% a noob trap.

Stephėn

08-10-2012

I think you need to get the mentality of killing optional building out of your head.

You sound just like Riot, HURRRR lets lower the skill cap of the game.

Noob traps are noob traps get over it, as their skill rises they learn to build differently, i personally enjoy the item on some characters and dislike it on others.

FoxAmidstStars

08-10-2012

I build it on Panth, Ez, Blitz, Ryze, and Yorick..

Usually I get raged at on the first two no matter how good the results I get are.

Fiskerton

08-10-2012

who NEEDS tear of the goddess so badly 0_o any situation where totg is necessary, chalice is better

NotFarlong

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoFlCopTaaR View Post
I think you need to get the mentality of killing optional building out of your head.

You sound just like Riot, HURRRR lets lower the skill cap of the game.

Noob traps are noob traps get over it, as their skill rises they learn to build differently, i personally enjoy the item on some characters and dislike it on others.
You're not very smart. That's all I can think of. It doesn't kill optional building. It allows it. Tear is never an option. It's either required or a bad choice. Those aren't options. Changing it wouldn't lower the skill cap, it would raise it by adding one more realistic variable to the game.

Separating morons from pros doesn't raise a skill cap.