Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Suspension issued for EU Regional participant

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maxihzb

08-12-2012

Quote:
Toha01:
I believe people aren't getting the point here.
Like all normal players banned by the tribunal, his normal account is permabanned.
His tournament player status imposed him the EXTRA punishment of not being able to play in tournaments. He got fairly punished. Like RiotMarcou said, "ADDITIONALY, we are imposing a punishment that fits his status as a high level competitive player."

only 1 tournament, then everything is forgiven (except the old account)

Mjaxon

08-12-2012

Quote:
WelcomeToKS:
This is high school/college all over again, with football players receiving special treatment. It's disgraceful.

His main account is permabanned, and the guy has to start from level 1 all over again, plus he's getting suspended from a tournament on top of the permaban. Stop projecting your high school memories.

PenguinPaladin

08-12-2012

Quote:
RiotMarcou:
It also seems to not acknowledge that people can change (especially young, maturing adults) or provide him an opportunity to correct his behavior.

At various periods of time in some cultures, it was considered acceptable to exact very heinous punishments such as cutting off the hands of someone who committed thievery. I think that a vast majority of us would agree that is an overly corrective action to take.

Hosan is a young and talent League of Legends player who is capable of change and should have the opportunity to pursue his talents. If he were to continue his inappropriate in game behavior and have another account banned, then you can be sure the penalties would be harsher next time.

Pendragon and Lyte have consistently said that permabanned players are the ones that are proven to not be able to reform. They don't get any "well maybe people can change" because they've already been banned and already proven they haven't.

Nobody else gets a "maybe they can change" reaction. Pendragon has sworn off any personal negotiations with banned players or any redemption chances because of how absolutely confident the Tribunal team is that their system shows these players are incredibly unlikely to improve their attitude.

So yes, even if his account is banned, there's still an attitude toward him that no non-tournament player would ever get.

Direspark

08-14-2012

Quote:
RiotMarcou:
Hosan's account is permabanned and will not be returned to activity under any circumstances; however, he is allowed to start a new account and level it up.

But didn't vman7 get his account back...?

Arrietti

08-19-2012

Quote:
Mokai:
I mean no disrespect, but haven't various Rioters, on multiple occasions, argued that if a player works their way up to a permanent ban that there's generally no hope to reform them? I don't personally know this player, but if he ignored the warning signs of his 3 day/1 week/2 week suspensions, how will this time be any different? The punishment issued this player seems like a fair one, don't get me wrong, though I'm severely skeptical about their ability to reform.

I 100% agree with this and am saddened that those with accounts taken away are allowed to make additional ones. I uderstand that trying to hunt them all down would be a massive pain but when its so obvious to us and we just allow it, it makes the whole system look bad.

I mean I know we want pro players to increase game popularity but the Tribunal is even more a joke to them since its just a pubstomp of fun getting back to your Elo bracket.

I suppose there could be the worry about setting some precedent. It isnt crazy to think past winners or future ones may be tied to permanently banned accounts and with all that money at stake Riot could just be covering their bases. but still....

Perma ban should mean something.

Arrietti

08-19-2012

Quote:
RiotMarcou:

...Banning him from all competitions seems disproportionately severe to his "crime." It also seems to not acknowledge that people can change (especially young, maturing adults) or provide him an opportunity to correct his behavior.

...Hosan is a young and talent League of Legends player who is capable of change and should have the opportunity to pursue his talents. If he were to continue his inappropriate in game behavior and have another account banned, then you can be sure the penalties would be harsher next time.

except that banning him from all competitions is the exact punishment Riot chose to fit his crimes back when they permanently banned his account

I do not think that anyone is saying that you all do not have the right to let him play on this new account. We are just pointing out that you claim to permaban those that will not change and then you state this man who you previous permabanned is capable of change.

You can break the spirit of any rule you make with no complaints from me, it is your game, but please do not spin it like this is what was always intended.

KrackProphet

08-19-2012

A pro player has a better chance of redemption considering:
This game is a revenue stream.
He has 4 other pro players that feel the effect of this suspension.
He has the support of those other players to reform his behavior

The average permabanned troll does not have these things. Dude has a talent for this game, a harsh punishment such as a suspension will make him think.

Get over it.

Arrietti

08-19-2012

Quote:
KrackProphet:
A pro player has a better chance of redemption considering:
This game is a revenue stream.
He has 4 other pro players that feel the effect of this suspension.
He has the support of those other players to reform his behavior

The average permabanned troll does not have these things. Dude has a talent for this game, a harsh punishment such as a suspension will make him think.

Get over it.

Im not upset so if the get over it was to me, it isn't necessary. My point was they should just say, we perma banned rashly and now believe he is redeemable or worth the chance instead of playing it like they stand behind the original permaban but think he is rehabilitable. Sends a mixed message to the community who is mostly not pro players with any added incentive to play nicer.

I feel it encourages more permabanned people to make additional accounts. Though I can agree there will be some that will finally have seen that their ways have consequences and clean up their act, Riot has mentioned before that many do not and are just thrust into tribunal again. This means they are continuing to ruin games and that is no fun.

I have no problems with Riot changing their mind. It is their game and if it benefits them I am all for it as I love it here and want them to succeed. I would just prefer if they could retract their decision for him without the appearance that they made poor decisions in permabanning players in the past. I guess if they made it more of an exception for someone of this guys value and not a our permabans dont matter, just make new accounts to everyone kind of thing. Maybe I am not coming across well since i am on their side, I just think a small tweak in the way this message went out could have more people on their side...meh

DaMiTzNhan

08-20-2012

Glad to see Riot's good judgment again.

Oh look, Matt still works here!

Bad Morde Bot

12-04-2012

Can you guys also give this guy a 1-year suspension? It seems only fair.

No I am not saying IWD's punishment is not justified, but it sounds to me that he should also be punished the same way.