Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Suspension issued for EU Regional participant

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaosBloodterfly

08-11-2012

Quote:
Metronomotopoeia:
Your examples don't support your claim.

The purpose of a permanent ban is to dissuade the player from continuing to play League of Legends. Player Support doesn't choose to ban an account to send a message that you need to change your behavior, they do it with the hopes that you will not play this game.

Yes, but they can't force you.

MaroBaro

08-11-2012

Quote:
Tryptomine:
Yes, but isn't the only reason other players who are perma-banned are allowed to make new accounts and play is because Riot has no technological ability to realistically prevent them from doing so?

No not really. I know a lot of people that got banned and then they started a new account and ceased being a troll. Sometimes losing a few hundred bucks and a few hundred hours of play time is a punishment quite fitting.

As a side note even if that was not the case you should not penalize someone differently simply because you actually know them. It is simply not fair if everyone can make a different account and just one person can't. Also Riot cannot enforce this anyway even if they know him. I mean he can enter fake name and whatnot.

MaroBaro

08-11-2012

Quote:
Metronomotopoeia:
Your examples don't support your claim.

The purpose of a permanent ban is to dissuade the player from continuing to play League of Legends. Player Support doesn't choose to ban an account to send a message that you need to change your behavior, they do it with the hopes that you will not play this game.

How do you know what the purpose of a perma ban is? Maybe the purpose is to take away a few hundred bucks and a few hundred hours of play. Most companies do not want to ban their clients, they want to get more money. So a perma ban with the person making a new account = more $$$ for RIOT and quite possibly a reformed troll. Contrary to popular belief 1 to 30 is a pretty ****ty grind. then grinding out your IP for runes is even ****tier grind, and then if you are like me who bought all the champs, buffs, and like 120 skins it can mean around 1500$ loss. You know that for a DUI you will get a 1500$ fine and like 48 hours of DUI school... so perma ban is usually worse than getting a dui in california hehe.

yamikama

08-11-2012

If anything; he is getting EXTRA punishment (something that makes sense, he has an extra influence on the game and its community)

I think it's awesome of Riot to make this public before the forums blew up; and we should be greatful. The individual isn't getting off without an account closure. He's getting an account closure AND a tournament ban. He has to relevel a new account just like anyone else who has been banned.

Hopefully it won't happen again! I am one who was previously banned on an account; and have yet to be reported on my new one =d (Well, banned anywho. I don't know about reported)

ForeverBanned123

08-11-2012

Wait wait wait, so he was permanently banned by the tribunal but because he happens to be a top elo player, who's about to compete in a tournament, he will only be getting suspended for 1 tournament?

Rather than having his account permanently banned forever, like he should be?

I'm confused. A little clarification would be REALLY nice.

Skyhawke

08-11-2012

Quote:
ForeverBanned123:
Wait wait wait, so he was permanently banned by the tribunal but because he happens to be a top elo player, who's about to compete in a tournament, he will only be getting suspended for 1 tournament?

Rather than having his account permanently banned forever, like he should be?

I'm confused. A little clarification would be REALLY nice.

It's been clarified. Read through his other comments people.

His account (just like any other player's) has been permanently banned. Again, like any other player, he will be able to start a new account if he wishes, but he will not be allowed to play in the next tourney, even if he levels up a new account.

EFG

08-11-2012

Quote:
RiotMarcou:
Additionally, we are imposing a punishment that fits his status as a high level competitive player.

So a slap on the wrist in other words. Cool. Good to know that the rules don't apply to everyone.

Maxihzb

08-11-2012

ok, so the toxicity is the account, not the player, he's a good guy, the account was the troll then...that evil account...thank god his next account is going to be 100% different that the old one.

MY POINT: a troll shouldn't be allowed to play tournaments, he's giving the example of how a good player should be. He is showing us that a good player is the one that end up banned, doesn't matter the reasons (usally for ragequit, verbal abuse, trolling, etc)

WelcomeToKS

08-12-2012

Quote:
RiotMarcou:
He's not being treated more leniently. He's being treated the same as anyone who violates the Tribunal System,

Additionally, we are imposing a punishment that fits his status as a high level competitive player.

You certainly aren't. He deserves a permaban. If you know him in real life, that only means it should be easy to keep him banned. This is high school/college all over again, with football players receiving special treatment. It's disgraceful.

Toha01

08-12-2012

I believe people aren't getting the point here.
Like all normal players banned by the tribunal, his normal account is permabanned.
His tournament player status imposed him the EXTRA punishment of not being able to play in tournaments. He got fairly punished. Like RiotMarcou said, "ADDITIONALY, we are imposing a punishment that fits his status as a high level competitive player."