Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Suspension issued for EU Regional participant

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JETxGREEN

08-11-2012

Quote:
RiotMarcou:
He's not being treated more leniently. He's being treated the same as anyone who violates the Tribunal System,

Additionally, we are imposing a punishment that fits his status as a high level competitive player.

So what your saying is since hes a high level competitive player you guys are making special rules to protect him? I'm pretty sure he had multiple chances to fix his behavior that got him to this point.

Jassu

08-11-2012

Quote:
JETxGREEN:
So what your saying is since hes a high level competitive player you guys are making special rules to protect him? I'm pretty sure he had multiple chances to fix his behavior that got him to this point.

His account is permanently closed. What are you not understanding?

ChaosBloodterfly

08-11-2012

Quote:
JETxGREEN:

He's having added punishment to his account being closed- being unable to attend the tournament with any account.

ITT: People have their jimmies rustled.

deathtoyew

08-11-2012

@Devs. Is this your way of making an example with the new tribunal?

Mirror

08-11-2012

Quote:
ChaosBloodterfly:
Accounts get permanently banned. People don't.

Look at it this way:
In pro-sports, you can get kicked out of a game for unsportsman-like conduct, but they won't perma-ban you.
Hell, if you get caught using steroids, you don't even get permanently banned, you get a 2 year or so suspension (that was a couple years ago for [international] football, not sure if policy has changed or what it is for other sports).

Your examples don't support your claim.

The purpose of a permanent ban is to dissuade the player from continuing to play League of Legends. Player Support doesn't choose to ban an account to send a message that you need to change your behavior, they do it with the hopes that you will not play this game.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

08-11-2012

Quote:
Maxihzb:
exactly, he's like above the law, right?

the famous 1%?

Except that the other 99% have no restrictions on them based on tournaments/etc. The fact that he's 'the famous 1%' means he actually has harsher punishments (he can't just pop on an alternate account for the next tourney) because he's being held to a higher standard.

Ðanté

08-11-2012

I really don't see how anyone can say he is receiving better treatment than the 99%... I don't see anyone else banned from anything but their one account when they receive a permaban, this guy is losing possible money from it

Legendary Silver

08-11-2012

Quote:
Metronomotopoeia:

The purpose of a permanent ban is to dissuade the player from continuing to play League of Legends. Player Support doesn't choose to ban an account to send a message that you need to change your behavior, they do it with the hopes that you will not play this game.

The HOPE you will not play the game. Not 'you are not allowed to play this game anymore'.

I'm struggling to see how this is an issue...

Ceraphic

08-11-2012

These people saying that he's getting special treatment are way off. If anything he's getting worse treatment because he is a pro gamer... Other people that get their accounts perma-banned are just sent on their way to make another account. He has to not only do that but isn't able to participate in the next tournament, which I'm sure is his job, I'm not really seeing how that is better treatment. Is no one else seeing it like this?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

08-11-2012

Quote:
Metronomotopoeia:

Not necessarily. A permanent ban is there to emphasize that the actions taken by that player will not be tolerated. If the player understands that and is willing to change their behavior, then Riot is all for aiding them in that rehabilitation, noting of course that this does not include reverting the ban.

The goal is to remove the toxicity, not the player themselves, from the game for the benefit of the community as a whole.